Spicy Beef Stew. Slow Cooker Spicy Beef Stew An easy to make and deliciously spicy beef and vegetable stew, perfect for busy families. Turn heat down, fry onion and garlic until. Cook beef stew in a slow cooker for really tender meat.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and brown the beef on all sides. Remove from skillet, reserving juices, and season with salt and pepper. Mix in the diced tomatoes and juice. You can cook Spicy Beef Stew using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Beef Stew
- You need 2 lbs of stew beef.
- It’s 1 tbs of onion powder.
- You need 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of sazon packet.
- Prepare 1 tbs of adobo.
- You need 2 tbs of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 of chicken bouillon cube.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare to taste of Red pepper flakes.
- You need 3 tbs of tomato paste.
- You need 1-2 tsp of light brown sugar.
- You need 3-4 c of water.
- It’s 1 of med sweet potato peeled.
- It’s 2-3 of small white potatoes, peeled.
- You need 2-3 of carrots, peeled.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion.
- It’s 1/4 of red pepper, chopped.
- You need of Olive oil.
Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the butter to the Dutch oven. There's no nicer way to use up cheaper cuts of beef than in a warm, comforting stew. With dumplings, mash or even chips, there are loads of easy beef stew recipes to whet your appetite.
Spicy Beef Stew step by step
- Season beef with red pepper, onion powder, adobo, garlic powder, sazon, soy sauce, chicken bouillon cube, oregano & olive oil. Cover & let marinade 1-2 days..
- Heat a pot over medium heat with olive oil. Add beef & brown on each side. Once beef is browned on all sides, add 3-4 c water. (I recommend putting water into marinade bowl so you don't waste marinade).You want water to cover beef. Cover pot & let beef boil 1- 1 1/2 hrs until beef is tender. Check on it occasionally, if water dries up, add more water. Once beef is tender, cut potatoes, carrots & onion..
- Add regular potatoes & carrots. Stir, add more water if needed. Let beef & potatoes simmer for 10 minutes. Then add sweet potatoes & onions, stir. After 6 minutes, add red pepper flakes, stir again. Let boil 5 minutes..
- Add tomato paste & brown sugar, stir again. Let stew boil until reaching desired thickness. Serve over white rice or with bread..
Seal the beef in a hot frying pan, then add the onion, spices, chillies, garlic and ginger. Stir to coat and let it cook for a few minutes to release that lovely spicy aroma. Add the tomato paste, stock, chopped tomatoes and lemon juice. The Sichuan Spicy Beef Stew (aka Sichuan Spicy Red-Cooked Beef) is the ultimate treat for beef eaters and spicy food lovers like me. Although the name of the dish seems to suggest something explosive and very spicy, this beef dish is rather moderately spicy compared to another famous Sichuan beef dish.