Blackberry Cornmeal Cake. Food you never knew you wanted. Deals Everyday for Your Kitchen and Home. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
In a separate medium bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, maple sugar, baking soda and salt. Use your hands or a fork to crush the berries to break them up a little and release their juices. Alison Roman's Crushed Blackberry and Cornmeal Cake. You can have Blackberry Cornmeal Cake using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Blackberry Cornmeal Cake
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour (spooned and leveled).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of yellow cornmeal.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of plus 2 tbsp. sugar, and 1/4 cup for sprinkling.
- You need 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- You need 7 tbsp. of unsalted butter, melted, plus 1 tbsp. for skillet.
- Prepare 2 containers of fresh blackberries.
I have a deep love for dessert and all things sweet, but as I've gotten older I've craved treats that are more suitable for snacking but equally as delicious and deeply as decadent as a chocolate cake. I also have a deep love for Alison Roman. Her recipes, including this one, are craveable, accessible, and exactly what I want on both a. Great recipe for Blackberry Cornmeal Cake.
Blackberry Cornmeal Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees f. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar..
- In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs and melted butter; pour over flour mixture, whisking to combine..
- In a 10-inch skillet (preferably cast-iron), heat remaining tablespoon butter in the oven until melted and skillet is hot, about 5 minutes..
- Remove from oven; swirl to coat bottom of pan. Pour batter into skillet; scatter blackberries on top, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup sugar..
- Bake, with a baking sheet on rack below (to catch any drips), until top is evenly browned, 45 to 50 minutes..
- Let cool slightly, about 30 minutes. Run a knife around the edge to loosen; cut into 8 wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature..
This is a recipe is adapted from the anime Black Butler!!! When Sebastian prepares tea for Ciel, he always makes sure to have a delectable dessert waiting to be devoured. Skip to the end of the images gallery. Skip to the beginning of the images gallery. Be the first to review this product.