Moroccan Lamb Stew. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Check Out Moroccan On eBay. Check Out Great Products On eBay. Warm through, then tip into the slow cooker.
This Moroccan lamb stew uses a blend of different spices and flavor-makers such as cinnamon, allspice, bay leaves, and, what I consider the star spice here, Moroccan Ras el Hanout. Ras el Hanout is a decidedly North African/Moroccan spice blend that includes notes of turmeric, cloves, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg and more! Pour the beef broth, chicken broth, and consomme into the pot. You can have Moroccan Lamb Stew using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Moroccan Lamb Stew
- You need 2 TBSP of Canola Oil.
- Prepare 2 lb of Cubed Lamb Stew Meat.
- You need 2 of Garlic Cloves (Minced).
- Prepare 1 of Large Yellow Onion (Diced).
- You need 4 of Medium Carrots (Diced).
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Ground Coriander.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need 1 of Cinnamon Stick.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of Can of Chickpeas (Rinsed and Drained).
- It’s 1 Cup of Dried Apricots (Chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Pimento-Stuffed Green Olives.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of Can Diced Tomatoes.
- You need 2 Cups of Beef Broth.
Stir in the tomatoes, honey, carrots, sweet potatoes, garbanzo beans, dried apricots and lentils. Bring to boil; reduce heat to low. Heat a deep ovenproof frying pan with a lid, or a large cast-iron casserole dish, over a high heat. Put a large casserole pan on a high heat with a glug of olive oil and add the lamb, seasoning, lemon juice and zest.
Moroccan Lamb Stew step by step
- In a large Dutch Oven on medium high heat, heat oil. Season lamb with salt and pepper and add to Dutch oven. Cook until well browned, 10 – 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain..
- Add garlic, onion, and carrots and saute until onion softens, about 5 minutes. Add the coriander, cumin, and cinnamon stick. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds..
- Add the chickpeas, apricots, green olives, tomatoes (with juices), reserved lamb, and beef broth. Bring to a boil over high heat, and then reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until lamb is very tender, 60 – 90 minutes. Discard the cinnamon sticks. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary..
- Nutrition per serving: 495 calories, 38g protein, 46g carbs, 10g fiber, 16g fat..
Dice the lamb leg steaks and trim off any fat. Toss the flour, salt and pepper onto the diced lamb and stir to coat the lamb evenly. Put the lamb in a medium, ovenproof casserole dish and coat evenly with the harissa paste. Bring to the boil over a medium heat and stir well. Place the lamb shoulder skin-side up in a large roasting tin.