Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe. Search For Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipes. We Have Everything You Are Looking For! Find Quick Results from Multiple Sources.
Once it reaches a boil, stir in the broccoli and lower the heat to med-low. In a stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion in butter until softened. You can cook Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of large carrot, peeled and finely diced.
- It’s of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of unsalted butter.
- It’s of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare of milk at room temperature.
- It’s of heaping cups fresh chopped broccoli florets.
- It’s of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded + extra for topping.
- It’s of shredded parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of each salt, pepper.
- Prepare of dried thyme.
- It’s of each dried oregano, ground nutmeg.
Stir in broccoli, and cover with chicken broth. How to Make Broccoli Cheese Soup. Saute onion: Melt butter in pot over medium-high heat. Add liquids: While whisking, slowly pour in milk then chicken broth.
Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe step by step
- Place the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add in the carrots and onions and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent…about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook a minute or so more, until fragrant. Then add in the butter and let it melt down..
- Gradually whisk in the flour in small batches. Whisk constantly until all the flour is added and incorporated. Mixture will be very thick. Allow the mix to cook for 1 minute, continuing to whisk..
- Whisk in the broth in small amounts, whisking constantly, until fully incorporated. Once all the broth is added, whisk in the milk and increase heat to med-high. Let this mixture come to a low boil..
- Once it reaches a boil, stir in the broccoli and lower the heat to med-low. Allow to simmer until the broccoli is tender…about 7-9 minutes. (If using larger sized florets, it may take longer). Then stir in the cream cheese and let that melt down into the soup..
- Stir in the seasonings and taste to see if you think it needs anything else. Then, if you'd like a less chunky soup, use an immersion blender to puree to the desired consistency. You could also use a blender or food processor in small batches, just be careful not to burn yourself..
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in both of the shredded cheeses until it is all melted and incorporated in. That's it, you're ready to serve!.
Saute garlic in a large pot or Dutch oven. Add chicken broth, heavy cream, and chopped broccoli. Drain, remove vegetables and set aside. In the same saucepan, saute onion in butter. While mixture is simmering, chop the broccoli and carrots.