Ham and Bean Soup. Investment in Amazon Could Create You A Second Salary Every Month. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
Remove bone and cut off remaining meat. In a large pot over high heat, bring the water to a. Made with a ham bone, dried white beans, chopped carrots, celery, onions, and garlic, chicken stock, and fresh thyme, this recipe takes minutes to assemble in a slow cooker. You can cook Ham and Bean Soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ham and Bean Soup
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of Cooked diced ham.
- Prepare 72 oz of Chicken broth.
- You need 48 oz of Great Northern Beans or 1lb dry.
- It’s 5 of medium Idaho Potatoes.
- It’s 2 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of Course Black Pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Nature Seasoning.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Thyme.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper.
Then it simmers all day, producing a rich and flavorful soup with hardly any effort. For best results, choose a large, meaty ham bone. Place over medium heat until it just begins to bubble. Cover slightly; reduce heat to a simmer.
Ham and Bean Soup instructions
- If you are using dry beans make sure to cover in about 2 inches of water overnight with a little bit of baking soda in it. Drain & rinse well before adding to the cooking pot..
- Once that is taken care of, add all of the ingredients to the crock pot & cook on low..
- If no crockpot, add the beans and the rest of the ingredients to the cooking pot and bring to a boil..
- Now that it is boiling turn down to a simmer stirring every 20 minutes for 90-120 minutes or until the meat, potatoes, & beans are tender..
Easy One-Pot Ham and Bean Soup. There's nothing quite like a good bowl of hearty soup, is there? This ham and bean soup is especially warm and filling thanks to tender white beans, which cook up with a firm texture and mild, nutty flavor—the perfect partner to smoky bacon and ham, carrots and onions, and classic chicken broth. Beans will soak up some water, so you will need to add more water later. As soon as beans can be mashed with fork, add ham and onions, let cook until beans and ham are done.