Traditional Sweet Potato Casserole. Low Prices on Bags For Potatoes. Give them a good scrub and poke with a fork a few times to vent steam. Mash potatoes with a potato masher in a bowl until no large lumps remain.
Place cooked potatoes in large mixing bowl. Add brown sugar, butter, spices, salt, vanilla and eggs and mash with potato masher or whip with hand mixer. Spread the mixture in prepared casserole dish. You can have Traditional Sweet Potato Casserole using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Traditional Sweet Potato Casserole
- You need 2 1/2 lb of sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of soft butter.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 cup of miniature marshmallows.
Mash sweet potato mixture with a potato masher. Mix until all is well combined. Add the sweet potato mixture evenly into the casserole dish. Place the sweet potatoes in a large pot, add water to cover the potatoes.
Traditional Sweet Potato Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bring potatoes, or yams, to boil..
- Reduce heat and simmer until tender (15 min)..
- Drain and place potatoes in a bowl..
- Add brown sugar, butter, salt, and vanilla..
- Mash potatoes..
- Place mixture into casserole dish (coated with cooking spray)..
- Top evenly with marshmallows..
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until golden brown..
Author: Brandie @ The Country Cook. Peel and cut sweet potatoes into small pieces and place in a large pot. Polk potatoes with a fork to check for doneness. Mash everything together with a potato masher until all ingredients are combined and smooth. Spread out this mixture evenly in the pan.