Oven roast beef. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders From the restaurant to your doorstep. Favourite restaurants in your area, ready to take your order. Remove and rest for at least an hour.
A layer of fat on the beef provides not only basting juices to keep the joint moist and succulent, but you can choose to eat it if you so wish. Heat butter or oil in a large skillet and brown roast beef from all sides. Place the roast in a shallow baking pan with a wire rack on the bottom, with the fat layer facing up. You can cook Oven roast beef using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oven roast beef
- Prepare 1/2 kg of steak beef.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic minced.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ginger minced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.
- It’s of Coriander for garnish.
- It’s of For the gravy.
- Prepare of water.
- Prepare of Beef stock.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Corn starch.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s of Salt to taste.
Taken from the back of the loin, it can also be cooked off the bone by rolling it into a sirloin joint. Place roast in roasting pan fitted with a roasting rack. You'll need a meat thermometer to keep track of the meat's internal temp. A succulently roasted joint of beef is not hard to achieve with our roast beef cooking times.
Oven roast beef instructions
- Marinate the beef with garlic, ginger, cooking oil, salt, black pepper and rosemary, for 5 hours..
- Put the marinated beef on a baking tray lined with foil..
- Preheat your oven at 190°C and bake for half an hour, to brown it. Then lower the heat to 107°C. The roast should take somewhere from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours additionally to cook..
- Place the roast on a cutting board and tent it with aluminum foil to keep it warm. Let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes before cutting. Resting the cooked roast is important, if you cut it too soon, the roast will lose more of its juices..
- Thinly slice the roast to serve. I chopped mine into large chunks..
- To make the gravy Remove the dripping from the foil and place on the stove top at medium heat..
- Add some water,beef stock, salt and black pepper to the drippings. Dissolve cornstarch in a little water and add to the drip pan. Stir quickly while the gravy thickens to avoid lumping. Pour the gravy on your sliced beef. Garnish with rosemary and coriander..
- Serve with rice dishes, fries or ugali Enjoy 🌹.
Simply season and roast to perfection! For best results, take your joint out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for about an hour before roasting. This will help to ensure that your joint roasts evenly and stays tender. To make the brisket, season the beef all over with salt and pepper. Recipes for roast rib, fillet and sirloin from all your favourite TV chefs.