Minion cake. Get your favourites from &Cake delivered. Download the app and order now! To get started you'll need to bake your cake and let it cool completely.
This minion cake uses delicious buttercream to frost the cake and fondant for the details. Making a minion cake is so much fun! The little ones in your life will love this whimsical cake, and you will too, because you will love the step by step pictures. You can cook Minion cake using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Minion cake
- Prepare 1 of black fondant icing.
- You need 1 kg of Yellow Fondant Icing.
- It’s 1 of White fondant.
- You need 1 of red food dye.
- It’s 1 of black food dye (to make grey).
- You need 1 of two halves of Vanilla sponge.
- You need 1 of buttercream icing (of a preferred flavour).
- Prepare 1 of jam (of a prefered flavour).
- It’s of vanilla cake ingredients.
- Prepare 450 grams of unsalted butter.
- You need 450 grams of sugar.
- Prepare 8 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vanilla.
- It’s 450 grams of self raising flour.
- Prepare 4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 4 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare of Chocolate Buttercream.
- You need 3 tbsp of Cocoa.
- You need 250 grams of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 250 grams of icing sugar.
You don't even have to make everything from scratch! This blue and yellow birthday cake was made from an unwanted cake and transformed into a gorgeous drip cake. A minion cake makes a perfect celebration cake for kids any age be it a boy or girl. This simple, easy and effortless minion cake tutorial with step by step progress pictures makes cake decorating fun.
Minion cake instructions
- If you have already made your sponge skip ahead to step 3. For my vanilly sponge: cream together the butter and sugar, before adding the eggs and vanilla- stir well but avoid curdling the butter. Fold in the flour and baking powder and if stiff add the milk. Divide between two 9" tins and bake for 50 minutes. Leave to cool completely before continuing..
- To make the Chocolate Buttercream, blend together the butter and icing sugar, add the cocoa powder- stirring until a desired consistency..
- Pipe or spread the Butter creamon one half/one of the sponge cakes, carefully placing the other half on top afterwards. Press down on the top sponge a little, using a spatula to neaten the buttercream which will be spilling from the edges. This can be scraped away or used to fill gaps withing the sponge. Place in the fridge for 5-10 minutes so the buttercream can set..
- Roll out your yellow Fondant, so that it will fit and cover your cake evenly. Use a jam as 'glue' spreading it all over the cake. Carefully pick the icing up, a rolling pin helps, place it onto the cake. Using your hands lightly rub the top of the cake flattending out the fondant. Continue to rub down the sides of the cake until the cake is layered evenly. Use a sharp knife to cut away excess icing..
- Away from the cake, make the following parts to the minions face from the other fondant colours. Add a little drop of black to white fondant to create grey (for the Goggles) red food dye can also be use to create the 'tounge'.cut them using sharp knives, or cutters: I used different size cups as guidelines. place on to a tray lined with cling film. Use my pictures as guidelines..
- Place the parts of th face according to the photographs. A little water will work well to stick the parts together..
- Roll out the black fondant, and slice into 2 long rectangles, put one either side of the goggle cutting at the bace of the cake..
- Other extra decoration you could add include an edge of buttercream at the base of the cake or hair.
FREE Delivery on your first order shipped by Amazon. Caffe Concerto is an Italian restaurant with branches. We love to make cakes based around any of your favourite Minions, be it Dave, Kevin, Carl, Jerry, Stuart, Steve, Phil, Tim, Lance, Norbert, Bob or any of the horde. Similar to the above cake, this absolutely precious minion cake by Pirikos Cake Design was carved, covered and flawlessly decorated, but the most jaw-dropping aspect of this work of art is the brilliant gravity-defying construction of the character jumping rope! Minions Cake by Minions-Fans on DeviantArt DeviantArt is the world's largest online social community for artists and art enthusiasts, allowing people to connect through the creation and sharing of art.