Cuban-Style Chicken & Rice. Remove and discard bay leaves before serving. In a medium bowl stir together tomatoes, frozen corn, broth, olives, tapioca, chili powder, garlic, salt, cumin, and black pepper. Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade and wipe off any excess.
This Cuban Mojo Chicken has been marinated in a wicked Cuban Mojo marinade and roasted to juicy perfection. Try this zesty, garlicky Cuban chicken for dinner tonight! If you've never tried a marinated Cuban chicken before, you're in for a real treat!!! You can cook Cuban-Style Chicken & Rice using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cuban-Style Chicken & Rice
- You need 1/3 cup of olive oil for frying.
- It’s 4-6 of chicken thighs, skin on.
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of poultry seasoning.
- You need 2 of large red pepper (or green bell), cored, seeded & sliced.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped or sliced.
- You need Dash of flour.
- You need 1 (14 oz.) of can chopped tomato.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of cumin.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 2 tsp. of fresh thyme, chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp. of lime juice.
- You need 1/3 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped.
A homemade Cuban Chicken with Onions that tastes just like your favorite restaurant's Pechuga a la Plancha! Pan-fried chicken flavored with lime & mixed with sauteed onions & garlic comes out moist, tender, and flavorful! Living for a long time in South Florida gave my husband and me a great appreciation for Cuban food. Remove the chicken from the marinade and blot on paper towels.
Cuban-Style Chicken & Rice step by step
- In a large pan, add the oil and heat over medium heat. Add the seasoned chicken to the pan and cook on both sides for a total of 30 minutes..
- Remove the chicken to a plate and add the peppers to the pan and begin to sauté them in a small amount of the chicken fat. As they become soft, add the onions and sauté them as well, until they become translucent in about 2-3 minutes..
- Add in a dash of flour to the pan and mix all the ingredients. Add the tomatoes and the juices to the pan and lightly mix. Continue to heat this mixture while adding the garlic, cumin, bay leaf, and thyme..
- Turn the heat down to low-medium; add the chicken back to the pan, add some lime juice, top with cilantro, and cover. Simmer this for 15-20 minutes. When done serve with black beans and rice, some fried plantains, and enjoy..
- [Note: For the traditional dish of Arroz Con Pollo, use a Dutch-oven style pot and brown the chicken on both sides, then add yellow or white rice (2 cups.) and chicken stock (3 cups). You then cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes, adding 1 cup of frozen peas near the end for a delicious one-pot family meal.].
Use a large covered frying pan. Salt and pepper the chicken pieces and lightly dust with flour. Cuban chicken fricassee – tender chicken simmered in a robust tomato sauce – is the ultimate comfort food. It's easy and inexpensive to make, hearty and perfect for hungry appetites. Made with whatever chicken pieces you prefer and chunks of creamy potatoes, everything gets simmered in a flavorful tomato-based sauce.