Fluffy's mince and potato pie. Great recipe for Fluffy's mince and potato pie. This was a regular dinner growing up. Not quite presented this way and the veg was usually cauliflower.
Not quite presented this way and the veg was usually cauliflower. Cauliflower is not a favourite in my house so I opted for roasted carrots 😂#onerecipeonetree #pie #dinner #mainmeal. Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. You can have Fluffy's mince and potato pie using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fluffy's mince and potato pie
- You need of steak mince.
- It’s of Chopped carrots onions and celery.
- Prepare of Puff pastry.
- You need of Olive oil.
- You need of Bay.
- It’s of stock.
- Prepare of tomato puree.
- It’s of medium size potatoes.
- You need of Carrots to roast.
- You need of butter.
- Prepare of Fresh rosemary.
Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, fluffy's mince and potato pie. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. Today on Passion for food we make this classic comfort food, Shepherds pie!
Fluffy's mince and potato pie step by step
- Fry onions, carrots and celery in a little oil. Add mince and brown. Add stock, puree and bay leaf. Simmer for about 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare your potatoes and carrots. Preheat oven to 180. Peel veg, boil potatoes in salted water. Mash with a knob of butter when cooked. Peel and slice carrots into sticks, put in an oven tray, add olive oil and salt, few sprigs of rosemary. Start cooking carrots in the oven.
- Add meat to mini pie dishes or ramekins. Add mash on top. Cut out some pastry, just enough to cover the pies. Glaze with melted butter, make a couple of holes in the top with a cocktail stick and bake with the carrots for about 25-30 mins.
- Hmmmmmmm…. 😁.
I ate a Shepherd's pie the other. Heat a large frying pan with oil on medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the mince and brown, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon. Add the beef and cook until browned, then reduce the heat and add the tomato ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Marmite, flour and seasoning – mix through for one minute.