Chicken Parm Burgers. Directions In a medium bowl, stir together chicken, bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, and Parmesan and season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Spoon sauce from skillet onto bottom halves of.
Grab a handful of the chicken mixture and pat it out flat in your palm. Place a slice of mozzarella cheese in the middle and fold the chicken over the edges. Make sure the cheese is fully covered on both sides by the chicken mixture. You can cook Chicken Parm Burgers using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Parm Burgers
- You need 1 lb. of ground chicken.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- You need 2 tsp. of dried parsley.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of each dried basil, salt, garlic powder, onion powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 2 cups of marinara sauce (homemade or storebought).
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Keep a small bowl of water near because it makes it easier to form the patties. Also, if I'm putting these burgers right on the grill then I'll use a cookie sheet (sprayed with cooking spray) to lay the formed patties on. Use either non-stick barbecue spray or olive oil to place on the grill grates. Topped with crispy bacon, juicy tomatoes, and lettuce, this burger is a twist on one of your favorite sandwiches.
Chicken Parm Burgers instructions
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, parmesan cheese and seasonings. Form the mixture into 4 evenly sized patties..
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet (one with a tight-fitting lid) over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the patties to the skillet. Let them cook until golden on the bottoms, about 4-5 minutes. Then flip them. Lower the heat down to medium and add the marinara to the skillet all around the patties. Sprinkle 2 tbsp. of mozzarella over each patty, then place the lid on and let this cook until the chicken is completely cooked through, about 10-12 additional minutes..
- That's it! If serving on buns, then spoon some of the extra marinara over the bottom bun before placing the patty on it..
My family loves Chicken Parmesan, so these burgers are always a hit! I used preformed chicken patties, cooked them and topped them with my quick marinara sauce and melted mozzarella. Great on the grill or cook them indoors in a skillet. Classic chicken parmesan is a crispy chicken coated with tomato sauce and mozzarella then baked until the cheese is golden brown. This one takes that concept and instead turns it into a pan-fried burger – still topped with mozzarella and marinara.