Chocolate Cake with Caramel Mousse Filling. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Take the cake out of the freezer and take off the cake collar. Place the cake upside down, with the caramel white chocolate ganache facing down into mousse, and place it in the center of the milk chocolate mousse.
Remove the cake round from the top of the cake. In a medium saucepan combine water and sugar bring to a boil and cook just until mixture is clear and sugar is dissolves. In a medium saucepan combine water and sugar bring to a boil and cook just until mixture is clear and sugar is dissolves. You can cook Chocolate Cake with Caramel Mousse Filling using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Cake with Caramel Mousse Filling
- Prepare of CAKE.
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 4 oz of unsweetened chocolate chopped.
- You need 6 tbsp of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 of large eggs, beaten.
- Prepare of CARAMEL MOUSSE FILLING.
- You need 1 of full recipe of my Caramel Mousse, recipe attached in direction step #7.
- Prepare of GARNISH.
- Prepare of caramel opcorn, my recipe is attached in direction step #9.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dark chocolate shavings.
Simply fill a small pot with one or two inches of water then place the bowl with whipped cream and turn on your burner to a simmer. Let it cool down then place in the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour. Transfer the mixture to a medium sized bowl and cover. While the caramel mousse sets, bake the cake.
Chocolate Cake with Caramel Mousse Filling instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 2– 8 inch cake pans with bakers spray. Line bottoms with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan combine water and sugar bring to a boil and cook just until mixture is clear and sugar is dissolves. About 2 minutes Pour into large bowl and add butter and chocolate and stir until smooth..Let cool 5 minutes,then beat in eggs and vanilla just until smooth.
- Meanwhile whisk flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture all at once and beat just until smooth about 1 minute. Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake about 23 to 25 minutes until cake springs back when touched and a toothpick comes out with just a few little crumbs. Cool 15 minutes in pan. Run a small knife around pans to release cake to wire rack to cool completely.
- ASSEMBLE COLE.
- Lay one cake layer on serving plate, cover with 1/2 of the Caramel Mousse. Recipe attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/342860-caramel-mousse.
- Add the second cake layer and cover with the remaining Caramel Mousse.
- Decorate with Caramel Popcorn, recipe attached below. Sprinkle with dark chocolate shavings https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/358852-crispy-toffee-caramel-popcorn.
While it holds up to piping perfectly, it's probably a bit too soft for spreading over the entire cake. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and stir together well with a metal spoon. Once set, finishing frosting the top and sides of the cake. I baked the cake,made the mousse filling and the Ganache 🙂 Had no time for the caramel sauce and the chocolate swirls. In a medium saucepan combine water and sugar bring to a boil and cook just until mixture is clear and sugar is dissolves.