Thai Green Curry. Download the app and order now! Order your usual or discover new Thai dishes – Tom Yum, Thai Curry, Laab and many more. Method For the curry paste, slice the lemongrass finely.
Warm the oil in a casserole and, when hot and sizzling, add the chicken strips and let them colour slightly on all sides.. Fragrant Thai green curry paste transforms chicken and plump miniature aubergines and courgettes into an exotic meal, with the minimum of preparation. Eggplants, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, squash, and green beans are the common vegetables used in Thai green curry. You can have Thai Green Curry using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thai Green Curry
- Prepare 3 of spring onions.
- You need 1 dash of red chilli flakes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ginger powder.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 tsp of thai fish sauce.
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh coriander.
- It’s 1/2 bunch of fresh parsley.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 of chicken pieces.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
I use eggplant, king oyster mushrooms and bamboo shoots in this recipe. Add to the curry and cook for two minutes. Then add the cut red spur chili, and Thani basil. The first step is to prepare your ingredients to pound your green curry paste.
Thai Green Curry instructions
- place chopped spring onions, garlic, parsley, coriander, ginger, red chilli flakes and 2-3 tbsps. of water into a blender and blend until it turns into a paste.
- heat the oil into a large frying pan and cook your chicken pieces until evenly brown, then transfer onto separate plate.
- add more oil if needed into the frying pan and fry the sliced bell pepper for 2-3 minutes.
- next add your green paste you prepared at the start and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- return the chicken back into the frying pan with the paste and green peppers, then add in your coconut milk.
- season with salt and pepper to taste and boil.
- once boiling reduce heat and cover, simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- next remove the chicken from the mixture with the green peppers (you might want to sieve it) and place remaining mixture on boil for 10minutes until it becomes bit more thicker.
- return the chicken and bell pepper to the green curry sauce stirring well and cook on medium heat for 3minutes till its warm through out.
- serve with hot rice and enjoy!.
Remove the stems of the Thai green chilies, peel the garlic and shallots, thinly slice the galangal, cilantro roots, and lemongrass. For the kaffir lime, delicately slice off all the green bumpy peel. This healthy, vegetarian Thai green curry features fresh asparagus, carrots and spinach! It's full of flavor and simple enough for weeknight dinners. Feel free to substitute sliced snow peas for the asparagus if it's not in season where you live.