My Mom's Spanish bean soup. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Take the meat off the bone.
Here is an option chop the onions and add into soup, or leave whole if some doesn't. Instructions Mix all ingredients in a large soup pot or Dutch oven and bring to a boil. Before serving, remove hambone and cut any remaining meat off and add to soup. You can cook My Mom's Spanish bean soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Mom's Spanish bean soup
- It’s 5 lb of potatoes.
- You need 1 gallon of chickpeas.
- It’s 1 tbsp of saffron threads.
- You need 1 of large hambone.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of ham.
- It’s 1 1/4 lb of beef chuck steak.
- You need 1/4 lb of salt pork.
- It’s 12 cup of water.
- It’s 3/4 lb of Spanish chorizo sausage the one from Spain.
- You need 2 of large onions.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of minced garlic, the mild quarter cup strong garlic.
If desired, add one cup of instant mashed potatoes to thicken the broth. Great recipe for My Mom's Spanish bean soup. Once or twice a year my Mom would make this soup. Usually around Christmas Eve, or New Years Eve.
My Mom's Spanish bean soup step by step
- In a huge pot add 10 cups of water. Bring to boil..
- Add your meats. Cover cook till done. Take the meat out. Take the meat off the bone. Then chop all of meat into bite sized pieces..
- Add all the meat back into the soup. Here is an option chop the onions and add into soup, or leave whole if some doesn't like to eat onions. Add last 2 cups of water..
- Add garlic and saffron. Stir well. While it boils, peel the potatoes chop into cubes. Add into pot along with the chickpeas..
- Cook till potatoes are fork tender over low heat. Serve with Cuban bread, hope you enjoy!.
- This soup can be frozen. Just add water to thin out when you defrost it.
We would have it with Cuban bread, or small Cuban sandwiches. We would sometimes be outside nice chilly weather, being warmed by soup and sandwich,. If you forget this step, just boil on stove top for ½ hour. Add beans with water to crock pot or soup pot. (If watching sodium: You can drain water and add beans to pot. Then add water as needed after all other items are added).