Grandma's Chicken and Rice. Try our no prep no mess Oven Ready meals with everything included – even the cooking tray! Try Chicken & Yellow Rice With Broccoli & Cheddar Cheese For A Delicious Meal. See Recipe Place chicken in a covered baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam.
Grandma's Chicken and Rice Casserole is one of those dishes the entire family will eat. This casserole is a perfect way to take leftover chicken, cooked rice – and even hard-boiled eggs – and turn them into a whole new dish. Grandma's Chicken and Rice Casserole Barbara found this recipe in our Grandma's wooden recipe box. You can cook Grandma's Chicken and Rice using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grandma's Chicken and Rice
- Prepare 2 of Large Chicken Breasts.
- You need 1 of Sweet Onion.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Rice.
- You need 2 1/2 Cups of Water.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 Tsp of Pepper.
This is a great use for leftover rice. How to make Grandma's Chicken and Rice Bake in the Slow Cooker: Lightly grease the slow cooker. Pour the seasoning packet from the rice over the top of the rice and chicken. Using a Rotisserie chicken will be a huge time saver for this recipe.
Grandma's Chicken and Rice instructions
- Heat 1 Tsp oil in cooking pot on medium..
- While the oil is heating up, dice onion then place in pot w/ warm oil..
- While onion is sauteing, cut chicken breasts into cubes and place in pot w/ 1 tsp paprika. Cook until chicken is browned on all sides..
- Add 2 1/2 cups water, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, and last tsp of paprika. Bring water to a boil..
- Turn down heat, add rice, and cover until rice is done cooking. Add more water if need be..
If not your will need to brown the chicken before baking the casserole. If using a Rotisserie chicken, skip this step. Dive into delicious rice, tender white meat chicken, savory vegetables and a real cheddar cheese sauce in this family favorite. The STOUFFER'S CLASSICS Grandma's Chicken & Vegetable Rice Bake is a delightfully delicious family favorite. It's made with no preservatives and features quality ingredients like tender white meat chicken, crisp vegetables and tender rice, all in a cheddar cheese sauce.