Chicken Parm. Buy now from our gourmet selection the best Parmigiano Reggiano PDO directly from Italy. Choose the quality, Italy has never been so close. Bobby Flay shares his recipe for Chicken Parmigiana.
Make chicken: Prepare breading station with three large mixing bowls: one bowl with panko, garlic powder, and Parmesan mixed with a fork; another with the egg mixture; and. Ladle the tomato-olive sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with mozzarella, Parmesan, and basil. Chicken breasts are the best choice for classic chicken Parmesan. You can have Chicken Parm using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Parm
- You need 2 of chicken breasts.
- You need 2 cup of of flour salt and peppered.
- You need 2 cup of of Panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 4 large of eggs beaten with 2 tbls of water.
- It’s 1 cup of of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of tomato sauce of choice.
- You need 1/4 cup of of fresh grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 lb of of fresh mozzerella cheese.
- Prepare 1 of fresh basil or thyme for garnish.
For the chicken to cook evenly, it should as close to even thickness as possible. You can place the chicken between wax paper or plastic wrap and use a mallet to pound it thin or, alternately, slice each breast horizontally to make two thin cutlets. Spread out to cover the whole bottom of the pan. Lay down as many chicken breasts as will fit on the mixture.
Chicken Parm instructions
- Pound chicken breast to double size of breast and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Pre heat oven to 400°F.
- beat 4 eggs and 2 tbls of water together add salt and pepper and leave in a container to dredge chicken breast.
- in 2 separate containers add salt and peppered flour to one and panko in the other.
- Choose a fry pan that can hold at least 2 breasts at a time,pour olive oil in pan and set to medium high heat.
- Cut chicken breast in half the short way and dredge in flour, then egg, then panko.
- Add chicken to smoking hot oil and fry each side for 3 mins each side.
- place on a cooking sheet and put in oven to finish cooking for 5 -7 minutes.
- Melt slices of mozzarella cheese and add sauce to desire..
- Add basil or thyme for garnish.
Dip chicken in egg; then in bread crumbs. Place slices of mozzarella on top of chicken. Best chicken parm I have ever made! I used bottled organic marinara for my sauce, but followed steps precisely for chicken, and it was fabulous! Sally Vargas Tips for Making Chicken Parmesan.