Swedish Meatballs and Gravy. Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Classic Swedish meatballs. Just heat and serve with mash, gravy and lingonberry jam. Combine the cream with the breadcrumbs to form a consistency like stiff porridge.
Mix thoroughly and form into walnut size balls. Start baking mini meatballs as per instructions. Turn heat on to medium temperature. You can have Swedish Meatballs and Gravy using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Swedish Meatballs and Gravy
- You need of Meatballs.
- You need 1/2 kg of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/4 kg of ground pork.
- It’s 50 g of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 5 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare of to taste, salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Gravy.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of beef broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of cream.
- You need 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
Heat butter and oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Transfer to a warm plate and cover with foil. To make the gravy, melt the butter in a saucepan large enough to hold the meatballs. These Swedish meatballs are perfect for busy weekdays and even better for lazy Sunday suppers.
Swedish Meatballs and Gravy step by step
- Mix the ground pork and beef thoroughly. Add bread crumbs, egg, and milk and season with salt and pepper..
- Form ground meat into balls about the size of golf balls. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes..
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan on medium heat until hot but not smoking. Gently add meatballs and brown on all sides, about five minutes. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and let meatballs cook until internal temperature reaches 70°C (160°F), about another five to seven minutes. Set aside..
- In the same pan, melt butter on medium heat. Add flour and mix well until mixture is slightly browned..
- Add beef broth, cream, soy sauce, and Dijon mustard. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then lower heat to low, continuing to stir, until gravy thickens, about five minutes..
I'd double the recipe and serve them with egg noodles over the weekend and then again a couple of days later with mashed potatoes. Because the only thing better than Swedish meatballs in gravy is meatballs and gravy on top of mashed potatoes. The Best Swedish Meatballs and Gravy are made with a combination of ground pork and beef and spiced to perfection for a flavorful meatball and with a rich and flavorful gravy to go with it! I blend the onions for the gravy using my awesome new Ninja Duo Blender with Auto IQ technology that you can see below. How do you make these Swedish Meatballs and the gravy?