Pot Roast Family Recipe. Delicious Family Meals That Will Not Break Your Budget at Real Food. Garden At Home With Sarah Raven, Wide Range of Products Available Online Try recipes such as pot-roast beef, chicken and guinea fowl. Silverside and topside are cheaper and leaner cuts of meat, well-suited to slow-cooking.
Family Recipes: New England Pot Roast. I've come to realize that many of us have been bequeathed a cherished family recipe. Be it simple or elaborate to prepare, it's a dish so fiendishly delicious that it is the unmistakable star of the family meal, whether celebrating triumphs, comforting woes, or keeping family traditions alive. You can cook Pot Roast Family Recipe using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pot Roast Family Recipe
- You need 3 1/2 lb of chuck roast.
- It’s 1 small of bag of baby carrots.
- It’s 8 small of red potatoes.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 3 of bouillon cubes.
- It’s 2 1/2 can of brown gravy.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 6 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 of italian seasoning.
- You need 1 of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of ground rosemary.
- It’s 1 of water.
Method First melt the dripping in a thick cooking pot and, when it's hot, put in the meat and sear and brown it all over, then transfer it to a plate. Next lightly brown the onions, carrots, celery and swede, then remove them temporarily to the plate, too. In a heavy Dutch oven on the stove, heat the oil over medium. When the oil is hot, brown the roast on all sides.
Pot Roast Family Recipe instructions
- Make 5-6 slits in random spots on both sides of the roast.
- Peal garlic and cut each clove into 2-3 pieces, and stuff one piece into each slit on the roast.
- Season each side of roast with Italian season, rosemary, black pepper, onion powder (I use a little less than 1/2 teaspoon on each on both sides, but season accordingly to your taste).
- Heat oil in pot big enough to hold roast and enough water to cover the roast.
- Once oil is hot, brown roast on both sides but do not cook through.
- When the roast is brown, add water to cover roast, the bouillon cubes, and bay leaves.
- Once water is boiling turn heat to medium, cover and cook for 2 1/2 hours.
- Keep an eye on it so that it doesn't boil over, and add water when needed to be sure there is about 1-2 centimeters of water covering roast.
- After 2 1/2 hours, add potatoes and carrots (and any other veggie you may want) to the pot and cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Add gravy to the pot and heat until gravy is slightly boiling (should only take a minute or 2).
- Serve and enjoy :).
Transfer the roast to the slow cooker. Sprinkle the roast with the ranch seasoning and au jus powder. Transfer the seared roast to the slow cooker. Wash and peel the carrots with a vegetable peeler. Our best ever roast dinner recipes are all about big flavours, simple techniques and classic combos.