Fresh Strawberry Chiffon Layer Cake with Chocolate and Strawberry Whipped cream. Stunning Range, Huge Selection Of Layer Cakes Available. Stunning Range – Fast Delivery Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
This cake exceeded my hopes, it's light, fresh and a great celebration cake. Fresh Strawberry Chiffon Layer Cake with Chocolate and Strawberry Whipped cream instructions. Put the cake together by frosting the first layer with whipped cream and place fresh strawberries cut in half or slices depending on size of berries. You can cook Fresh Strawberry Chiffon Layer Cake with Chocolate and Strawberry Whipped cream using 27 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fresh Strawberry Chiffon Layer Cake with Chocolate and Strawberry Whipped cream
- Prepare of CAKE.
- Prepare 1 cup of cake flour.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, divided use.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare 4 of large egg yolks.
- You need 6 of large egg whites, at room temperate.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cream of tarter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/3 cup of strawberry puree, recipe below.
- You need of STRAWBERRY PUREE,MAKES ENOUGH FOR CAKE AND STRAWBERRY WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING.
- It’s 2 cup of hulled sliced fresh Strawberrys.
- You need 2 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare of CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM FILLING.
- You need 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 1/3 cup of semi sweet chocolate, chopped.
- Prepare of STRAWBERRY WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING.
- It’s 1 cup of cold heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 1/3 cup of cold strawberry puree.
- You need 2 tbsp of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of GARNISH.
- You need 1 of recipe chocolate covered Strawberrys, recipe attached in direction step #19.
- It’s 1/4 cup of red colored sparkle sugar or sprinkles.
- You need 2 tbsp of dark chocolate shavings.
Last layer should be crumb side down. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Place in a large bowl and make a well in the center. Add oil, egg yolks and orange juice; beat with a spoon until smooth.
Fresh Strawberry Chiffon Layer Cake with Chocolate and Strawberry Whipped cream instructions
- MAKE STRAWBERRY PUREE.
- Combine Strawberrys, sugar and lemon in a saucepan, cook over medium heat until juicy and soft, stirring often.about 10 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes then puree in food processor or blender until smooth, refrigerate until cool.
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 3 – 8 inch cake pans with non stick spray, line bottoms with parchment paper lightly spray parchment paper with non stick spray.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl whisk egg yolks, 1 cup of the sugar, vanilla and 1/3 cup of the strawberry puree until smooth. Add flour mixture and whisk until.well blended.
- In a large bowl.beat egg whites with cream of tarter until.foamy, add remaining 1/4 cup sugar slowly and beat just until it forms stiff peaks.
- Fold 1/3 of egg white mixture into egg yolk batter mixture, add remaining in 2 more additions being careful not to deflate but combining completely.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake 13 to 18 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans 15 minutes then turn out to cool completely on wire racks.
- MAKE CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM.FILLING.
- Have cnopped chocolate in bowl. Heat cream to a simmer either in microwave or on stovetop. Pour cream.over chocolate, let sit 1 minute then stir until.smooth. Refrigerate uncovered until cold.
- When ready to fill cake whip cold chocolate cream until fluffy.
- MAKE STRAWBERRY WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING.
- Whip cold cream until soft peaks, add confectioners sugar, 1/3 cup strawberry puree and vanilla.Beat just until light and fluffy.
- ASSEMBLE CAKE.
- Place 1 cake layer bottom side up on serving plate.
- Cover layer with 1/2 of chocolate filling, top with second layer of cake, bottom up and cover with remaing chocolate filling. Top with third layer, also bottom of cake facing up.
- Frost entire cake with the strawberry whipped cream frosting.
- Garnish with chocolate covered Strawberrys, recipe attached below, sparkle sugar, and chocolate shavings https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/348550-white-and-dark-chocolate-covered-strawberries.
In a bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff. To assemble, stack layers on top of each other with plain cake layer on top. Just before assembling, beat cream and confectioners' sugar until medium peaks form. The key with any layer cake is to take a step back and make sure the cake is level- do this after each layer. Place the last cake layer on top.