Shepherd's Pie the Meaty One. We Have Everything You Need All In One Place – Buy Now & Get Free Delivery On Your Order! We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Put the dish into the oven and cook until the surface is golden brown.
Top the lamb with the mash potatoes, and flatten out with a spoon. Rough up the top of the mash with a fork (so you get nice crispy bits). Heat up the gravy, then serve the shepherd's pie with the gravy and some green veg. You can cook Shepherd's Pie the Meaty One using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie the Meaty One
- You need of Potatoes.
- Prepare 2 pounds of Yukon gold potatoes.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- It’s As needed of water to boil potatoes.
- Prepare of To taste salt.
- It’s 12 ounces of evaporated milk.
- You need of Gravy.
- Prepare 3 pounds of lamb neck bones.
- You need 1 pound of ground lamb.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- You need 1 cup of English peas.
- You need 1 pound of lamb steaks.
- Prepare 1 pound of baby carrots.
- You need 1/2 cup of celery.
- It’s 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of To taste salt.
- It’s of To taste ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 3 of pearl onions grated.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground thyme.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary.
- It’s 15 ounces of beef broth.
Heat the oil in a frying pan until it is very hot and brown the meat in small batches. Drain in a colander to remove the fat. Add the meat, dust with flour. Cook for a few minutes, stirring.
Shepherd's Pie the Meaty One step by step
- Season the neckbones cut up the lamb steaks. Set them aside. Cut up the vegetables. Grate the onions..
- Sauté the vegetables except for the English peas in the butter. Add the neckbones and steaks to the vegetables. Simmer covered for 15 minutes remove the meat..
- Simmer the ground lamb with the vegetables. When the lamb is browned drain the juices. Preheat oven to 400°Fahrenheit..
- Make the mashed potatoes. Peel and cube the potatoes. Add enough water to a pot to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil till potatoes are fork tender. Drain potatoes add the stick of butter, and evaporated milk..
- Whip potatoes till creamy and thick. Allow to cool, and firm..
- Add the spices, tomato paste, and flour stir well. Add back to pan and sauté for 4 minutes. Add in the 15 ounces of beef broth. Stir and allow to simmer 10 minutes..
- When the potatoes are cooled to the touch, add to top of the shepherd's pie filling. Spread with a fork and put into hot oven for 30-35 minutes. Allow to rest 15 minutes and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
This version is similar, but works well for singles or smaller households. I went out with girlfriends and left this Single Serving Shepherd's Pie for my beloved. In that instance, I used ground beef as the meat and. The most comforting dish of all: a Mary Berry shepherd's pie, flavoured with Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onions and beef stock. Lovefood.com is an award-winning collection of topical news, expert commentary, engaging opinion and the tastiest, most unctuous and mouth-watering recipes you could ever hope to find.