The Most Amazing Banana Cake Recipe. Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen. A cross between banana bread and a drizzle cake, this easy banana loaf recipe is a quick bake that can be frozen. Peel the bananas and mash with a fork.
Layer Cake: I use this recipe to make my banana layer cake. Banana Loaf A warming banana loaf recipe, made using the ripest bananas. This deliciously moist loaf cake, best served in thick slices, is one of Mary Berry's most popular recipes. You can have The Most Amazing Banana Cake Recipe using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of The Most Amazing Banana Cake Recipe
- You need of medium sized ripe bananas.
- You need of all-purpose flour.
- You need of baking powder.
- It’s of nutmeg.
- You need of salt.
- You need of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- You need of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare of large eggs, at room temperature.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- It’s of and 1/2 cups whole milk.
- It’s of peanut butter.
- You need of lemon juice.
If im not having something chocolate, banana bread and carrot cake are my next 'go to' options. So combining them into one delicious morsal is pretty much heaven on earth. A Latte Food have a wonderful recipe which I think you will agree is the ultimate sweet bread! Learn how to make banana cake with this easy banana cake recipe that makes the most of storecupboard ingredients and saves overripe bananas from being wasted.
The Most Amazing Banana Cake Recipe instructions
- Sift the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt together in a mixing bowl. Mash the bananas in a separate bowl. Add the lemon juice to the whole milk. Gather the rest of the ingredients..
- Grease a 5×9 inch baking pan..
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and brown sugar. Cream that with a hand mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes until creamy and well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as and when needed..
- Next, add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. After all the eggs are well incorporated, add the peanut butter, mashed bananas and vanilla and mix again just until well combined..
- To continue, add in the dry ingredients in three batches alternating with the milk and lemon juice mixture. Mix just until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as and when needed. Do not over mix..
- Pour the banana cake batter in the greased pan and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 10 minutes on the middle rack of your oven and lower the heat to 300 degrees fahrenheit and bake an additional 35 minutes, baking times may vary depending on your oven..
- After taking the cake out of the oven, let it cool for five minutes in the pan and turn out unto a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy the cake your favourite way to do so. Happy baking!.
Pair with cream cheese frosting, or serve as a simple pud with ice cream, honey or maple syrup for extra sweetness. This was an amazingly moist cake. I frosted it with a little homemade chocolate icing and sprinkled it with chopped walnuts. This moist banana bread recipe is golden brown on the outside and sweet and fluffy on the inside. This simple banana bread is a family favorite.