Home Made Split Pea Soup. Comfortable Rooms, Pool, Spa, Free high speed internet Midweek Special Book at Pea Soup Andersen's Inn, Buellton. Easy, Fast And Secure Booking With Instant Confirmation. Rinse the split peas, put in a large pan and cover with the stock.
Bring everything back up to simmering. Place all ingredients into a large stew pot. Serve with a crusty bread if desired. You can have Home Made Split Pea Soup using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Home Made Split Pea Soup
- Prepare 1 lb of bag of split peas.
- Prepare 1 small of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of celery stalk chopped.
- Prepare 1 large of carrot, chopped.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of celery soup.
- Prepare 1 of chopped ham.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste as well as other spices and herbs of your choice.
If you are wondering what to do with that leftover ham bone, this is the perfect recipe for you! It's a classic, and so comforting and delicious! Sometimes the best recipes are the ones made with simple ingredients. Once the split peas are well cooked and tender, let the entire mixture cool down a bit.
Home Made Split Pea Soup instructions
- Wash and rinse peas. Cover with enough water. Add onion, celery, carrot..
- Boil for about 30 min. or so, or till peas and carrot is tender..
- Add can of condensed cream of celery soup. This is to help make the soup creamy, (which is what I like). Season to taste. Simmer for about 10 – 15 minutes. Garnish as you wish..
Pour the mixture into a food processor. Add salt, pepper, cumin, paprika and ground hot pepper, then blend until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add a little water. Blitz up a vibrant blend of green pea soup for a light summer starter or lunch. This vegetable pairs well with mint, watercress, courgettes, pesto and prosciutto.