Salisbury Steak. Award-winning Meat As Chosen By Michelin-Star Chefs, Delivered To Your Door. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Salisbury steak is a dish, originating in the United States, made from a blend of ground beef and other ingredients and usually served with gravy or brown sauce.
Hamburger salisbury steak with gravy is a classic dinner that is inexpensive and so easy to make. This American physician spent his career promoting a meat-centered diet and thus, the Salisbury steak was born. Watch how to make this recipe. You can cook Salisbury Steak using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salisbury Steak
- Prepare 2 pounds of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Worcestershire saice.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare of to taste Salt & pepper.
- It’s of Gravy ingredients.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion sliced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of minced garlic garlic.
- It’s 2 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 3 tbs of flour.
- It’s 14 oz of can beef broth.
- It’s 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbs of red wine (optional).
- You need of to taste Salt & pepper.
For the meat mixture: Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, ketchup, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon and some salt and pepper. Salisbury steak involves making seasoned beef patties using mince / ground beef, then making a mushroom gravy. In my recipe, there's just two little things I do differently to the usual Salisbury Steak recipe that takes these up a notch: Salisbury steak is an American take on Hamburg steak. Essentially, it's a seasoned ground beef patty served with gravy or a brown sauce.
Salisbury Steak step by step
- Mix all steak ingredients in large bowl and form into 4 steak patties.
- In 14” cast iron skillet heat olive oil on high and crisp the outsides of the steaks then remove from skillet and set aside.
- In skillet add olive oil and 1 tbs butter. Add onions and sauté until soft the add garlic and cook for 1 minute..
- Add remaking butter and flour and mix until thick (about a minute)..
- Whisk in beef broth slowly until combined then add Worcestershire sauce, wine salt & pepper.
- Add steaks back in cover and simmer 10-15 minutes until steaks are cooked through.
- Serve over potatoes or noodles.
How to Make Salisbury Steak Start by mixing together the patty mixture, then shaping the patties and searing them in a skillet. Next, cook the mushrooms and onions, and add a simple sauce of tomato paste, mustard, and beef broth. Nestle the patties back into the skillet and let everything simmer until the patties are cooked through. Salisbury steak is basically a technique to transform hamburger back into a steak. So, just to have fun, I shaped the patties like small T-bone steaks and after they were cooked, I cut a hole to fit a small onion ring that I pressed into the meat and filled it with horseradish sauce to resemble a bone and marrow.