Banana Bread. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large mixing bowl.
Its incredibly moist, fruity and utterly delicious. Enjoy for afternoon tea, elevenses or pop into packed lunches. Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl, then stir in the melted butter and caster sugar with a wooden spoon until well combined. You can have Banana Bread using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- It’s of overly ripe bananas, mashed.
- Prepare of butter, melted.
- It’s of granulated sugar.
- You need of egg, beaten.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- You need of baking powder.
- It’s of baking soda.
- It’s of cinnamon powder.
- You need of salt.
- You need of dried cranberries.
- You need of walnuts.
Stir in the vanilla extract or cinnamon (or use both if you like), then beat in the eggs. Sift in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda, then gently fold in, along with the nuts, if using. Banana bread is a cake tin classic. Easy to make, great with tea and beloved by kids and adults alike, it's not hard to see why this is one of the most popular baking recipes on BBC Good Food.
Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees..
- Mix banana, sugar, butter and egg until well combined. Add vanilla and mix..
- Add all the dry ingredients flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt. Mix until well combined. Do not over mix so that the bread is not too dense..
- Add the dried cranberries. Mix until thoroughly incorporated..
- Grease the pan and pour in the batter. Top with walnuts and baked for 35-45 minutes until top is golden brown..
Banana bread is a great recipe to make with kids, and they'll enjoy tucking into it, too! In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and sugar and beat until blended. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the peeled and mashed bananas. Then, with your wooden spoon, stir in the walnuts, drained sultanas and vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture, a third at a time, stirring well after each bit.