Crock Pot Split Pea Soup. Great Range for Kitchen & Home Online. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Freeze Option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers.
Pour broth over and add ham bone. Place split peas in crock pot. In small skillet fry the bacon until crisp. You can have Crock Pot Split Pea Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Split Pea Soup
- You need 7 cup of water.
- You need 1 packages of Dry Split Green Peas (1lb bag of beans).
- It’s 1 packages of Smithfield Ham Slice, diced (1.5 lb).
- It’s 1 each of Onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 each of Green Bell Pepper, diced.
- You need 2 stick of Celery, chopped.
- You need 3 stick of Carrots, chopped.
- You need 4 dash of Onion Powder.
- You need 1 of Salt.
- You need 1 of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Crushed Red Pepper.
Set aside to drain on paper towel. To make slow cooker vegetarian split pea soup simply leave out the ham. Green split peas are classic in the United States, but in Canada yellow split peas are traditional. Swedish Pea Soup, or Ärtsoppa, uses split yellow peas and is traditionally served on Thursdays.
Crock Pot Split Pea Soup instructions
- Add thick coat of NON STICK SPRAY to your Crock Pot ( slow cooker )..
- Add water, beans, celery, bell pepper, onion, carrots and seasonings..
- Add diced ham ( it is cheaper to buy the big thick slice and dice yourself ) … Give a good stir to thoroughly combine..
- Cook on high 6-8 hours. ( Or cook on low 10-12 ).
- Optional: Serve with warm sliced bread/crackers! Enjoy!.
Mustard is stirred into the pea soup when serving. Directions: Add everything to the slow cooker. When the cooking time is up, take a whisk or spoon and stir the soup. How To Make Green Split Pea Soup In The Slow Cooker/Crockpot? Add Soup Ingredients to Slow Cooker Pot: Thoroughly wash split peas under running water.