Split pea & lentil bone broth soup. Choose from a large selection of easy-to-prepare meals. Everything you need in one box. Cook onion, carrot, celery and garlic until onion is translucent.
Split peas are an agricultural or culinary preparation consisting of the dried, peeled and split seeds of Pisum sativum, the pea. Split pea soup is the ultimate comfort food. Ladle up a bowl of the good stuff for dinner tonight. You can have Split pea & lentil bone broth soup using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Split pea & lentil bone broth soup
- It’s of large beef bone.
- Prepare of ginger.
- Prepare of water.
- You need of dry split peas.
- It’s of red lentil (use full bag if you like thicker soup).
- Prepare of red potatoes, cubed.
- You need of medium carrots, cubed.
- You need of celery, cubed.
- It’s of garlic, diced.
- It’s of onion, diced.
- Prepare of dried rosemary.
- Prepare of thyme.
- It’s of black pepper.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of bay leaves.
Slow-Cooker Split Pea Soup This easy recipe is herby, comforting and full of turkey. Dried split peas are the same as regular green peas that you might have as a side dish for dinner. The difference comes in how they are processed. Instead of eating them fresh, split peas are shelled, dried, and then split in half along the natural seam of the pea—this splitting process is what makes them faster to cook.
Split pea & lentil bone broth soup step by step
- Put the beef bone with ginger slices in 8 cups of water in the slower cooker, cook overnight for at least 8-12 hours, on LOW.
- Allow the soup to cool down enough for you to take the bone out of the broth, scrap of any meat on or inside the bone. Put the meat back into the broth. Discard the bone or gave it to your dog as a treat!.
- Put split pea in the broth, cook.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the soup and cook another 3 hr on LOW (or 2 hr on HIGH), until the veggies are tender..
Split peas are what's called a nitrogen-fixing crop, per the USA Dry Pea & Lentil Council. That means they grab nitrogen from the air and turn it into an available nutrient, which, in turn, reduces the need for nitrogen fertilizers. Allrecipes This is a hearty split pea soup has a flavorful ham bone cooked with carrots, potatoes, onions, and a pinch of marjoram. This is a hearty split pea soup has a flavorful ham bone cooked with carrots, potatoes, onions, and a pinch of marjoram. Split pea and ham soup is just about the easiest, least fussy soup you'll ever make, and this time-tested recipe is one you'll come to rely on whenever you need a comforting meal.