Wisconsin Split Pea Soup. Book at Pea Soup Andersen's Inn, Buellton. Low Prices on Split Pea Soup. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Wisconsin Split Pea Soup Marjoram, garlic, potatoes and carrots blend nicely with peas in this hearty and economical soup. —Linda Rock, Stratford, Wisconsin Wisconsin Split Pea Soup Recipe photo by Taste of Home Wisconsin Split Pea Soup.
Get one of our Wisconsin split pea soup recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. After removing the outer hull, the peas are split in half along a natural seam, hence "split peas." Split peas are either green or yellow; for this soup we're using green split peas. (Here's a version with yellow split peas.) You can store split peas for up to a year. Farmland Split Pea with Bacon & Potatoes Your secret weapon on busy days: a rainbow of farm fresh veggies (sweet peas, carrots, onions, and celery) are puréed and blended with organic chicken stock. You can have Wisconsin Split Pea Soup using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Wisconsin Split Pea Soup
- Prepare 1 lb of Dried split peas.
- It’s 2 1/2 quart of Water.
- It’s 1 of Meaty hambone (or one cup chopped cooked ham).
- It’s 1 cup of Chopped onion.
- You need 1 cup of Each: diced carrot, celery and potato.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Parsly.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Each: garlic salt and marjoram.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
Chopped potatoes, applewood smoked bacon and a splash of rich sherry elevates a classic from soup to souper. Allrecipes This is a hearty split pea soup has a flavorful ham bone cooked with carrots, potatoes, onions, and a pinch of marjoram. This is a hearty split pea soup has a flavorful ham bone cooked with carrots, potatoes, onions, and a pinch of marjoram. Marjoram, garlic, potatoes and carrots blend nicely with peas in this hearty and economical soup. —Linda Rock, Stratford, Wisconsin Confetti Bean Soup Mix With its colorful variety of beans and delicious flavor, this soup is tempting.
Wisconsin Split Pea Soup step by step
- Bring peas, ham and water to boil in large soup pot. Lower to a simmer and cook, covered 1 hour 30 minutes, Stirring frequently..
- Stir in remaining ingredients, bring to simmer. Cover and simmer 15-20 additional minutes, until veggies are tender..
- If using ham bone, remove from soup, remove ham from bone. Chop ham and return to soup..
- Source: Taste of Home 2002 cookbook.
In a large stockpot over medium heat, heat olive oil. Cook onion, carrot, celery and garlic until onion is translucent. Stir in yellow and green split peas, stock and bay leaf; season to taste. I use ham stock which I freeze after cooking the Christmas ham. Pea Soup Days Somerset, Wisconsin Main Menu.