Chunky Pea & Ham Soup. Stir in the chopped pea shoots and cook for a further min. Your Chunky Pea stock images are ready. Download all free or royalty-free photos and vectors.
Add the peas, potato and stock and bring to a gentle simmer. Stir in the chopped mint and lightly blend the soup, using either a stick blender or a food processor until the vegetables are broken up but not completely puréed. Instructions Dice the onion and mince the garlic. You can have Chunky Pea & Ham Soup using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chunky Pea & Ham Soup
- Prepare 500 grams of Green split peas.
- You need 1 of Leek, sliced.
- You need 3 large of carrots, diced.
- Prepare 2 large of potatoes, diced.
- You need 3 of Celery stalks, diced.
- It’s 2 of Bay leaf.
- It’s 4 of Smoked ham bones (or bacon bones).
- You need 200 grams of Piece of smoked ham.
- It’s 1 of Cracked black pepper to taste.
Cook them in a large stock pot over medium heat with the olive oil until soft. Add the ham hock and peas to the pot. Add the chicken broth and bay leaf to the pot. Bring the mixture up to a simmer.
Chunky Pea & Ham Soup step by step
- Soak split peas for 6 hours or over night..
- Drain, rinse and add to large pot. Cover with cold water..
- Bring to the boil then gently simmer until peas start to break up..
- Whilst waiting for that to happen- throw carrots, leek and celery in a large heavy base pan and fry until softened (not browned)..
- Add celery, leek and carrots to the peas along with potatoes, bay leaves, ham bones and ham..
- Keep it simmering for around an eternity until the smell makes you salivate and soup is thickened..
- Remove ham piece, chop it up and throw it back in..
- I like to leave the bones in but you can remove if wanted. Nothing beats sucking on a bacon bone whilst you eat your soup (for me). Crack some black pepper, top with some chopped celery leaves and serve with crusty bread. Enjoy!.
Dice the potato into small chunks, add to. You'll find Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil at your local Woolies so you can whip up your own batch quick-smart. Season the flour well with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then stir lemon zest into the panko crumbs. Toss each fish finger first in the flour, then the egg, then coat well with the panko crumbs. Place the squash, cumin and crumbled chilli on to a baking tray.