The recipe is a family favorite, banana, carrot cake. Mix the sugar, eggs and orange juice until well combined and thickened. sift in (Together) the flour, baking powder, salt, bicarb, cinnamon, mixed spice and nutmeg. This carrot banana cake recipe was passed down to me by my mum. It's simple to make, uses few ingredients and tastes wonderful.
The cream cheese icing is a must – it really makes the cake! Topped with luscious cream cheese frosting, this banana cake will become your family's favorite. This moist and delicious carrot and banana cake is a classic recipe with mashed bananas in the mix for an extra light and moist sponge. You can cook The recipe is a family favorite, banana, carrot cake using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of The recipe is a family favorite, banana, carrot cake
- You need 11/2 cups of self raising flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of plain flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder & 1/4 tsp baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of nutmeg and 1/4 tsp salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 2 of overripe bananas mashed.
- It’s 1 of carrot grated.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
The recipe is a family favorite, banana, carrot cake instructions. Beat the eggs and the sugar together until pale and thick. Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt and bicarbonate of soda. Mix well then add the oil and walnuts, and then the carrot and banana.
The recipe is a family favorite, banana, carrot cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 170C or 350 F.
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt, spices and the powders.
- Mash bananas, add the eggs, milk, oil and the grated carrot..
- Add wet to dry ingredients and mix with fork or wooden spoon. Use the folding method..
- You can use 1kg tin, 2 1/2kg tins or loaf tin. The loaf tin will take about 1hr, the others about 30 min. Enjoy.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and spices. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas, maple syrup, butter, and vanilla extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.