My Homemade Chicken and Noodles. Refrigerate broth and chicken for several hours or overnight. For noodles, in a small bowl, combine flour and salt. Make a well in the center.
This is a comfort food from my childhood on the golf course, and something I highly recommend if you've never come across it in your life. It's beautiful, simple homemade Chicken and Noodles—a thick, hearty dish not to be confused with a thinner, brothier chicken noodle soup. It's so perfectly yummy and soul-pleasing. You can cook My Homemade Chicken and Noodles using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Homemade Chicken and Noodles
- It’s 5 of boneless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of chicken soup base.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion (finely chopped).
- You need 2 of carrots chopped.
- Prepare 4-5 cloves of garlic (I use about 8 cloves🤷♀️.).
- Prepare of Dairy.
- It’s 1 (8 oz) of block cream cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s of Seasonings.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of celery seed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dill weed.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of parsley flakes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ranch seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare of For the Noodles See My Egg Noodle Recipe.
- You need of Or add 1½-2 cups egg noodles.
If you don't have time for homemade noodles you can do two different things: use frozen Reames Homemade Noodles. Simply follow the package directions after you've let the chicken cook slowly for several hours. OR you can use egg noodles in place of the homemade noodles. Put chicken breasts and water and salt and pepper in dutch oven/stew pot to boil. (Continue to low boil until noodles are made).
My Homemade Chicken and Noodles instructions
- In a large pot, heat the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Cook until vegetables are tender about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes..
- In food processor pulse your chicken to shred or shred by hand..
- Pour in heavy whipping cream and milk. Stir in the chicken broth. Add the shredded chicken, ranch seasoning, celery seed, dill weed, thyme and cream cheese. Season with salt and pepper..
- Bring the soup to a low boil and stir in the egg noodles. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until noodles are soft. Stir in the heavy cream, lemon juice, and parsley. Taste and add additional salt and pepper, if necessary. (see recipe).
- Ladle the soup into bowls, top with parsley and serve warm..
Mix remaining ingredients (mixing by hand is the best way). Add flour (if needed) until you get firm not hard ball. These Homemade Chicken and Noodles are full of tender chunks of white meat in thick and flavorsome stock. The noodles are made from scratch and make this dish heartier than any "regular" pot of soup. And to top it off, pile it on a bed of garlic mashed potatoes and you've created the ultimate comfort food.