Linguine al Portofino. Book at Ur Portofino, Palma de Mallorca. Great recipe for Linguine al Portofino. Everybody knows pasta with pesto Genovese (see my recipe) but not many know this pasta which comes from a town near by Genoa called Portofino.
The linguine pasta must be cooked in a large pot (to prevent the pasta from sticking and not releasing starch) that you have brought to boil and then lightly salted. The cooking time of the pasta must be three minutes less than the one indicated by the manufacturer on the package. Long and flat, linguine get their name from the Italian word lingue or "tongues." The smooth and even strands are able to perfectly entangle thick tomato sauces, such as Niasca Portofino's tomato and vegetable sauce made from pureed vegetable grown by small farmers in Piemonte and Liguria. You can have Linguine al Portofino using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Linguine al Portofino
- You need 500 g of pasta.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Pesto: 30-40 g of fresh basil, washed and dried.
- Prepare Tablespoon of grated Parmesan.
- Prepare Tablespoon of grated Pecorino.
- Prepare 1-2 cloves of garlic (depending on size).
- Prepare Spoonful of pine nuts.
- Prepare of Good amount of olive oil.
- It’s of Fresh Passata sauce: about 2 tablespoons (see my recipe).
- Prepare of About 100 g of cherry marziano tomatoes.
- You need leaves of Few fresh basil.
Typical dishes include focaccia, the bread eaten all day long, the famous linguine al pesto, made of basil, pine nuts, olive oil and garlic, a variety of savory vegetable pies of artichokes and seasonal greens, white fish with white wine, sprigs of marjoram, tarragon or rosemary, garlic and olives, and a grilled or lightly fried mixture of squid, prawns, octopus, and anchovies. Linguine pasta with mixed seafood cooked with onions fresh tomato, extra virgin olive oil, garlic and chilli. Flattened chicken breast, coated in golden breadcrumbs, topped with creamy b and. Penne pasta cooked wth ham, boiled egg & bolognese sauce.
Linguine al Portofino step by step
- Prepare the pesto. Add all ingredients, apart from pine nuts in a food processor, whizz up until smooth.
- Add pine nuts, whizz again. Wash and chop tomatoes, put in a pot. Add basil, bring slowly to the boil. Simmer for about 45 mins or so. Strain out sauce using sieve.
- Bring pot of salted water to the boil. Cook pasta according to instructions. Drain and put back in the pot. Add pesto and passata. Mix well and serve 😄.
Topped with cheese and baked in the oven. Home Menu Reviews About Order now. Add onions, carrot, celery and sugar; cook until. The pesto in Portofino has a very distinct and fresh basil flavor, which is a bit different from pesto at other places. I also had a grilled fish that was great!