Classic NOLA Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce. Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Looking For Great Deals? We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Whisk the eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and bourbon together in a large mixing bowl until very smooth.
No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. I gotta say this my very first time making this and it turned out perfect !! This came from two different recipes and I used some from both and modified it to suit my taste 😋 Hope you like it because we loved it. You can have Classic NOLA Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Classic NOLA Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
- Prepare of Bread pudding.
- It’s 1 of and a 1/2 cup raisins.
- Prepare 1 loaf of French bread stale (I used Italian bread).
- It’s 1 quart of milk.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 2 of Tblsp vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 cup of whiskey.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 3 of Tblsp melted butter.
- You need of Bourbon Sauce.
- You need 4 of Tblsp butter (half a stick).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 of Tblsp AP flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vailla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey (less or more).
Whisk the Large eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and bourbon together in a large mixing bowl till very smooth. Add in the half-and-half and mix well. While the pudding is baking, let's make the bourbon sauce. In a saucepan, add sugar and cook on low heat until the sugar is melted and turns into a light caramel.
Classic NOLA Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce step by step
- For the pudding =Soak the raisins for at least an hour or two in the 1/2 cup whiskey.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut the bread into 1 inch cubes.
- Take a large bowl and pour in a quart of milk and add the bread. Press the bread down lightly to soak up all the milk.
- In a separate bowl add 3 eggs and whisk them together with the sugar vanilla and cinnamon and keep whisking until well incorporated.
- Use melted butter to grease a 9×13 pan.
- Pour mixture into bread bowl on top and add the soaked raisins on top of that.
- Gently fold the mixture with the milk soaked bread careful not to break the bread.
- Add to your greased pan.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 45 minutes.
- For the Sauce =Melt butter in a saucepan and add flour stir to cook to a blonde on medium.
- Add the heavy cream and sugar stirring constantly until sugar dissolves on low.
- Add vanilla and whiskey and whisk for a few more and you're done take off heat.
- When it comes out the oven drizzle the sauce over it and ENJOY 😉😋👌.
Stir in bourbon then serve sauce warm over bread pudding. In a small bowl or cup, whisk the cornstarch with the whiskey or bourbon. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks and set aside. Place the saucepan with the cream over medium heat and add the cornstarch mixture. Whisk the eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and bourbon together in a.