Mike's Shreadded Pork Tacos. Here is how you achieve it. Before you jump to Mike's Shreadded Pork Tacos recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing The Right Foods Will Help You Stay Fit And Also Healthy. Many men and women do not fully grasp that the foods you select can either help you to be healthy or can negatively effect your health.
Roast and seasonings not pictured here. In the meantime, chop your main pot ingredients, condiments/reserves and refrigerate. Here's the majority of items you'll be needing. You can have Mike's Shreadded Pork Tacos using 29 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Shreadded Pork Tacos
- You need of Pork Shoulder Or Butt Roast.
- It’s of Boxes Chicken Broth [use 1.5+].
- Prepare of Mexican Beer.
- It’s of Medium Diced Green Bell Pepper.
- You need of LG Diced White Onion [+ reserves].
- Prepare of LG Diced Red Onion [+ reserves].
- You need of Can Rotell [or more].
- You need of Small Oranges [halved – divided].
- Prepare of Limes [halved – divided + reserves].
- It’s of Fresh Cilantro [+ reserves].
- It’s of EX LG Jalapeño [+ reserves].
- Prepare of Cumin [divided].
- Prepare of Mexican Oregano [crushed].
- Prepare of Can Green Chilies.
- It’s of Can Tomiitillas [hand crushed].
- You need of Can Green Chilies.
- It’s of Fresh Garlic [minced].
- Prepare of ● Garnishes & Side Options.
- Prepare of Shreadded Cabbage.
- It’s of Sliced Radishes.
- You need of Sliced Avocados.
- It’s of Lime Quarters.
- You need of Sour Cream.
- You need of Red & Green Salsas [see my EZ recipes].
- It’s of Fresh Cilantro.
- Prepare of Chilled Guacamole [see my EZ recipe].
- You need of Shreadded Cheeses.
- You need of Sliced Jalapeños.
- It’s of Warmed 6 " Tortillas [flour or corn].
Roast and seasonings not pictured here. In the meantime, chop your main pot ingredients, condiments/reserves and refrigerate. Here is how you cook that. The ingredients needed to cook Mike's Garlic Pork Machaca (Tender Pulled Mexican Pork Tacos): Prepare of For The Garlic Pork Machaca.
Mike's Shreadded Pork Tacos step by step
- Here's the majority of items you'll be needing. Roast and seasonings not pictured here..
- Add1 1/2 boxes chicken broth, 1 bottle Mexican beer,1 tbsp Cumin, 1 halved lime, 1 halved orange and 1 two pound pork roast to a large pot. SImmer on high for 1 hour covered..
- In the meantime, chop your main pot ingredients, condiments/reserves and refrigerate until needed..
- After 1 hour, add your primary ingredients [everything except for reserves] and seasonings to your simmering pot. Simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours longer. Or, until pork is falling apart. Add reserved 1 tbsp Cumin last..
- Strain your solids from your broth and reserve both separately. Fork shred your pork roast. I reserve the fluids for the following day to rehydrate any leftovers..
- Place a small amount of your broth back into your shreadded pork, mix and seal tightly until ready to fry..
- Add some lard to a high heated pan. You're wanting to put a sear or char on one side of your pork mixture. Much like Carnitas..
- Add your pork mixture to your heated pan. Allow any fluids to dissipate and a char to form on the bottom. Add salt at this point if you'd like..
- To Construct Tacos: Smear 1/2 side of tortilla with sour cream and the other with guacamole. This will help the pork mixture and vegetables to hold on firmly..
- Add heated pork mixture to tortilla and squeeze in a bit of lime juice..
- Add whatever fresh chilled additions you'd like..
- Prepare tacos for service and offer lime wedges, green and red salsas as well as other fresh vegetables to the side. Enjoy!.
- My students also made FANTASTIC school lunches with all the sides out of this easy recipe too! Green & red salsas, cheeses, guacamole, tortillas, herbs, limes, shreadded cabbage, sour cream, meats – the works!.
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium/high heat. Pour the marinade over the pork and rub it over all sides. Put the pork into the slow cooker, along with all the marinade. Pour in the orange juice and put the lid on the slow cooker. Meanwhile put the red onion into a small bowl.