Ambrosia Salad. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
In present day, we've come to know it as a deliciously, fluffy fruit salad (or dessert) with tropical flavors. Where does ambrosia salad come from? Ambrosia salad can be many things, but it's essentially a fruit salad with whipped cream as a "dressing" to hold the ingredients together. You can have Ambrosia Salad using 5 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ambrosia Salad
- Prepare 1 of bag mini marshmallows (around 16 oz).
- It’s 2 can of fruit cocktail mix (large).
- It’s 1 of bag shredded coconut (not toasted ) (around 16oz).
- You need 1 packages of cool whip (large).
- Prepare 1 packages of sour cream (small).
There are many versions out there, but this version is my personal favorite. It includes some canned fruit, some fresh, and some crunchy elements (slivered almonds) for texture. Ambrosia Salad This delicious Ambrosia Salad is so easy to make and always a big hit with kids and adults alike! Made in just one bowl, this classic dessert salad is the perfection addition to your next gathering!
Ambrosia Salad step by step
- In a large bowl add: the whole bag marshmallows, drain 1can of cocktail fruit mixand pour all the fruit, the 2nd can save the juice (so u can add later on) and add the drained fruit of rhis one too. Add 3/4 of the tub of cool whip ( you can add mkre if you like at the end). Add1/2 of the small sour cream ( you can also add more later on). And gradually add coconut 1/4 of the bag at a time. If the salad is too thick add a little bit of the fruit jyice a bit at a time. If you want it sweeter, add more coolwhip, if you wanna kill a little of the sweetness but keep it rich and creamy, more sour cream. Mix all together, refrigerate, enjoy!.
Quick Ambrosia Fruit Salad I start this with plenty of fruit, add the yogurt for dressing, then mix in just enough marshmallows and coconut so it tastes like the fresh and creamy version I grew up with. It's a well-loved recipe in my home now. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho Ambrosia is an American variety of fruit salad. Most ambrosia recipes contain canned (often sweetened) or fresh pineapple, canned mandarin orange slices or fresh orange sections, miniature marshmallows, and coconut. Ambrosia Salad is filled with mandarin oranges, pineapple, maraschino cherries, coconut, and marshmallows and mixed in a fluffy cool whip! Quick and easy side dish that can be made in minutes with ingredients that are on hand!