Beef shank & rice cake soup 牛腱年糕汤. Eat Better Meat With Award Winning Butchery. Frozen Fish, Pork, French Fries, Poultry, Beef & Vegetables. The beef shank is the leg portion of a steer or heifer.
Beef shank is a cut of meat that has been butchered from the leg of a cow or bull. This type of meat is known for its tough texture and low fat content compared to other cuts of beef. Since the leg muscles of cattle are weight-bearing, they become thick and sinewy throughout the animals' lives. You can have Beef shank & rice cake soup 牛腱年糕汤 using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef shank & rice cake soup 牛腱年糕汤
- You need 1 of beef shank.
- It’s 2 cups of frozen rice cake.
- It’s 1 cup of mung bean sprouts.
- Prepare 2 cups of sliced dakon raddish.
- You need 4 of shiitake dried mushroom.
- Prepare 1 of green chilli, optional.
- It’s 1 slice of prosciutto.
- You need 2 tsp of fish sauce.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of sesame oil.
Melt the butter in a large oven-safe braising pan over medium to medium-high heat. Fry the beef shanks in the butter until browned on the outside. Remove the beef shanks to a plate. The marrow in the bone gently cooks-out into the meat, adding to the fantastic flavor of the Beef Shank.
Beef shank & rice cake soup 牛腱年糕汤 instructions
- Pressure cook beef shank for 20 minutes in 2 quarts of water. Flavor pack is 1 cinnamon stick, 5 ansie stars, 1 onion, 3 bay leaves, 1 tsp of each (fennal, dill, coriander seeds)..
- Release pressure by allowing cold tap water running on the lid. Take out beef shank and cool down to room temperature before slicing..
- In a regular pot, pour half beef broth in. Add raddish, mushroom and sliced beef. Bring it to a boil and reduce to simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add rice cake, bean sprouts and cook for another 2 minutes. Season with fish sauce and salt..
- Transfer cooked soup into a stone pot and heat up the pot until boiling. Turn off the stove and top with sliced chili and half slice of prosciutto before serving..
This is a slow cook Beef. For another idea, try mixing this with some Ox Tail – for a rich, beefy meal! Known as Jiang Niu Rou/酱牛肉 in Chinese, sliced beef shank is one of the most popular cold dishes served in Chinese restaurants. It's particularly common to have it as an appetiser at banquets or fancy meals for special occasions, such as Chinese New Year & other festivals. Add beef shank, carrots, celery, red potatoes, broth, tomatoes, and spices.