Farmhouse Recipe: Chinese-style Onion Kakiage Fritters. Your favourite restaurants and takeaways available on Deliveroo. Check Out Farmhouse Recipe on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today!
The katakuriko potato starch flour will get rather thick as you mix it, but if you leave it for a while it will get watery again. Give the batter a good mix just before deep frying. See recipes for Vegetable Fritters – Kakiage too. You can cook Farmhouse Recipe: Chinese-style Onion Kakiage Fritters using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Farmhouse Recipe: Chinese-style Onion Kakiage Fritters
- You need of Onion.
- It’s of Pork roast or loin (for tonkatsu).
- You need of 【A】.
- Prepare of Katakuriko.
- Prepare of Soy sauce.
- It’s of Mirin.
- It’s of Sesame oil.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
The texture should be thick but not too watery. Throw in the chopped onions, chives, sliced chili, corns, prawns and combine. Heat a large pot with cooking oil (a deep fryer would be perfect). When the oil is heated properly, it's time to cook the cucur udang.
Farmhouse Recipe: Chinese-style Onion Kakiage Fritters step by step
- Cut the onions into wedges, and separate the layers..
- Cut the pork into 5 mm width strips..
- Mix the onion, pork and [A] ingredients, and mix well with your hands for at least 3 minutes..
- It will be watery for the first minute or so..
- As you continue mixing and kneading, it will become thick as shown here. When it reaches that stage, it's time to deep fry..
- Slide in bite sized portions of the batter-onion-pork mixture into oil heated to medium temperature, using a wooden spatula or a large spoon..
- Deep fry for 7-8 minutes over medium heat. When the surface is golden brown and crispy, the fritters are done..
- If the oil is too hot the fritters will burn so be careful. If they are golden brown they're fine..
- Eat the kakiage fritters as-is while hot..
Prepare the ingredients: Grate root vegetables like carrots, parsnips, and sweet potato on the large holes of a box grater. Grate and drain zucchini and summer squash. Chop and steam cauliflower and broccoli florets. Place the shredded zucchini in a colander and sprinkle it lightly with salt. Transfer the zucchini to a large bowl then add the carrots, garlic, flour, eggs, scallions, ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper.