Tofu Bake (“tastes like chicken”) Recipe. Tofu Bake ("tastes like chicken") Recipe Kelley Kantarian westhampton ny Trying not to eat as much meat, I've tried tofu tons of different ways but this one is my favorite (a) because you don't have to "press the tofu" first, and (b) because it actually tastes good (to me at least, husband still won't touch tofu). The tofu pieces taste best coated with some kind of sauce. If baking the tofu, line a baking sheet with a nonstick mat or parchment paper and grease with nonstick spray.
Toss the tofu well to evenly coat in the sauce mixture. Tear the tofu into bite-size pieces that resemble chicken tenders or nuggets. Add the tofu to the marinade and stir to coat. You can have Tofu Bake (“tastes like chicken”) Recipe using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tofu Bake (“tastes like chicken”) Recipe
- Prepare 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of soy sauce (I use coconut aminos).
- Prepare of 1 tsp garlic powder (I actually used minced garlic).
- You need 2 blocks (350 g) of each) extra-firm tofu, drained.
Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Silken tofu has an entirely different texture and will basically turn to cottage cheese when you freeze it.. Lastly, make sure the tofu you're using. Place tofu on a plate or a in a bowl and top with a heavy object to drain the excess water.
Tofu Bake (“tastes like chicken”) Recipe instructions
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and whisk or fork together.
- Drain the water from tofu package, and break into chunks. They won’t be perfect and that’s ok. For chunk size, think of a little chicken tender size. Coat sauce evenly on tofu by tossing (toss via shaking or use hands- using a utensil sometimes breaks them up too much).
- Spread the tofu evenly across the baking sheets and bake about at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, or until golden/crispy. Serve hot or store in an air-tight container in the fridge, or freeze to use later. Use as main, as nuggets, on salads, in sandwiches, in tacos, on pasta etc..
Meanwhile, mix mayonnaise and dijon mustard in a bowl and set aside. This is my go-to recipe for tofu, and my family eats a lot of tofu. I like the texture and crust that forms with this method, and it is super easy to use in a stir fry dish, add protein to a salad, or just eat with steamed rice and vegetables. Then remove the baking sheet from the oven, and flip each of the tofu bites so that they can cook evenly on the other side. Crumble the block of tofu with your fingers into the bowl with the seasoning.