Sweet Hambone Soup. From Gourmet Food Hampers To Retro Sweet Hampers, Order Your Perfect Hamper Today! We Create Gifts Suitable For All Budgets. Order Today For Super Fast Delivery!
Take of Crushed Tomatoes, Juice and All. Here is how you do it. The ingredients needed to prepare Sweet Hambone Soup: Provide of Strips Of Thick Smoked Bacon. You can cook Sweet Hambone Soup using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet Hambone Soup
- You need 5 of Strips Of Thick Smoked Bacon.
- It’s 2 of Garlic Cloves, Minced.
- You need 2 cup of Chopped Onion.
- It’s 10 cup of Chicken Broth.
- You need 2 can of Crushed Tomatoes, Juice and All.
- You need 1 1/4 lb of Meaty Ham Bone.
- Prepare 1 of A Few Big Squirts Of Ketchup.
- It’s 3 cup of Canned Cannellini Beans, Drained and Rinsed.
- Prepare 2 cup of Chopped Ham (saved from your holiday ham).
- Prepare 2 cup of Chopped Carrots.
- It’s 2 cup of Chopped Celery.
- Prepare 2 cup of Cubed Potatoes.
- Prepare 2 cup of Cabbage, Chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of Brown Sugar, Adding a bit at a time to reach desired sweetness.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of Ginger Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 of tsp. Dried Mustard.
- Prepare 2 of tsp. salt.
- You need 1 of Ground Black Pepper To Taste.
- You need 1 of Noodles Of Choice.
Provide of Crushed Tomatoes, Juice and All. Get of A Few Big Squirts Of Ketchup. Great recipe for Sweet Hambone Soup. When I make a soup, I am one of those toss it in kind of people.
Sweet Hambone Soup step by step
- Heat a large stock pot on stove. Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels..
- Add onions and garlic to pot. Saute about 5 minutes..
- Add remaining ingredients, including chopped up bacon. Bring to boil. Then turn down to simmer about 2-4 hours..
- Remove bone before serving. Serve with your favorite noodles (I used small shells) and a nice crusty bread! Enjoy!.
So, this recipe is a very close approximation of ingredients. A little more broth may be needed or a bit more of this or that. It's really all up to you and how thick or thin you want your soup. Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots and potato.