Ambrosia American Fruit Salad. Ambrosia is an American variety of fruit salad. Most ambrosia recipes contain canned or fresh pineapple, canned mandarin orange slices or fresh orange sections, miniature marshmallows, and coconut. Other ingredients might include various fruits and nuts: maraschino cherries, bananas, strawberries, peeled grapes, or crushed pecans.
Most of us have been conditioned to think that comfort foods are bad and should be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally nourishing and it's good. You can have Ambrosia American Fruit Salad using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ambrosia American Fruit Salad
- You need 3/4 cup of cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 3/4 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1 cup of candied oranges.
- You need 3/4 cup of candied cherries.
- You need 3/4 cup of candied pineapple.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of grapes.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sweetened shredded coconut.
- Prepare 2 cups of marshmallows.
Ambrosia salad is an American fruit salad. A salad only in the sense that it's a mixture of produce and has a dressing of sorts. In ambrosia salad, the salad consists of canned or fresh pineapple, canned or fresh mandarin orange slices, mini marshmallows, shredded coconut, and possibly nuts such as pecans or walnuts. It's commonly made with a combination of sour cream and whipped topping (not too be confused with real whipped cream), but can also contain yogurt or mayonnaise.
Ambrosia American Fruit Salad step by step
- Combine cream sugar and vanilla essence in a large bowl beat it with electric mixture until mixture is thick.
- Add sour cream and combine lightly.
- Collect all the ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl add fruits and marshmallows stir together add whipped cream and sour cream mixture into the fruits mixture and mix well until completely combined.
- Refrigerate it atleast for 1 hour before serving.
- I do not have canned coconut and oranges so I dry roasted the coconut powder and added 1 tsp powdered sugar.
- For oranges I have used fresh oranges and slit them from middle and taken out the seeds and for 10 minutes socked them in the pineapple syrup from canned pineapple.
- For sour cream I used hung curd and added 2 tsp lemon juice into this.
- While adding fruits make sure they should be drained properly.
Most Popular Right Now~ How Do You Make Ambrosia Salad? In a large mixing bowl add cool whip and sour cream and mix. Fold in pineapple, cherries, mandarin oranges, coconut, chopped pecans, and marshmallows until combined. Cover and chill for at least an hour or overnight. Ambrosia is an American variety of fruit salad.