Bún riêu. Find Your Perfect Holiday with ATOL Protection & Covid Cover Available. Riu Plaza Berlin Am Kurfurstendamm, Berlin. Bún riêu is a traditional Vietnamese soup of clear stock and rice vermicelli.
Bún riêu cua is served with tomato broth and topped with minced freshwater crab. Thinly slice shallots, add oil to a pan and saute until light brown. Add shallots, tomatoes, and all remaining soup ingredients into a large pot. You can have Bún riêu using 25 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bún riêu
- It’s of Bún riêu.
- You need 10 of pork back bones.
- It’s 1 bunch of dried shrimps.
- You need 1 bunch of dried scallops.
- You need 20 of roma tomatoes.
- You need 1 packages of rice vermicelli (bún).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 packages of tofu puffs.
- You need 1 packages of mixed Viet veggies.
- It’s 1 packages of basil.
- You need 1/4 lb of bean sprout.
- You need 2 packages of Viet ham.
- Prepare 2 small of cube ice (rock) sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of tamarind soup mix.
- It’s 1 tbsp of shrimp sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of chicken powder.
- You need of Egg steamed pork.
- It’s 1 lb of ground pork.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 can of minced crab meat in spices (160 grams).
- It’s 3 tsp of chicken powder.
- Prepare 3 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 6 of eggs.
Raise to high heat until it hits a boil, and boils for five minutes. Bun Rieu is a delicious Vietnamese soup with chewy vermicelli noodles drenched in a tangy broth with stewed tomatoes with slightly sweet undertones with the soft, pillowy crab and pork clusters that are then topped with fresh herbs. Other Names for Bun Rieu – Vietnamese Pork and Crab Noodle Soup. Bun Rieu is also known with the following names: Bún riêu is a crab-based Vietnamese noodle soup.
Bún riêu step by step
- Defrost bones and ground pork.
- Wash dried shrimp and dried scallops.
- Boil pot of water with pork bones, remove bones and wash, then put in new pot of water with dried shrimp, dried scallops and a few cut up tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to 3 heat once boiling, heat for 90 minutes and remove surface oil.
- Take out bones and add remaining tomatoes.
- Increase heat, add shrimp sauce, tamarind soup mix, chicken powder, ice sugar, salt and fish sauce. Top off pot with water.
- Wash tofu puffs with hot water, put in pot and cook, then remove. Reduce heat.
- Cook rice vermicelli separately as directed by package.
- Cook fish tofu.
- Wash bean sprout, Vietnamese vegetables, basil, slice Vietnamese ham.
- Pour oil in plate and add minced crab meat with spices, ground pork and eggs.
- Add chicken powder, black pepper and sugar. Mix well and steam for 23 minutes at high heat.
The dish is made in several versions, but the most popular one is made with a tomato base and goes under the name bún riêu cua. The soups are prepared with different broths, but they are always infused with crab paste and come served with vermicelli noodles, while the toppings typically include crab meat, pork, tofu, tomatoes, blood jelly. Bun rieu is a really popular noodle soup in Vietnam and one of my personal favorites. It is characterized by a pork-based broth that has tomatoes, onions, dried shrimp, and a crab paste/egg mixture. All the ingredients give the broth a balance of salty and sweet flavors.