Homemade Meat Balls in Spaghetti cups. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and nest. Method Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add the onion and cook gently without browning.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil then lightly mist it with cooking spray and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, egg and skim milk and stir until mixed. Add the ground beef and stir in until. You can have Homemade Meat Balls in Spaghetti cups using 26 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Meat Balls in Spaghetti cups
- You need of B. Meat Balls (browned).
- It’s of Store bought or homemade.
- Prepare of Homemade meat balls recipe (browned).
- It’s of Ground meat (beef/lamb).
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chicken bullions/chicken seasoning powder.
- You need 1/2 c of panko bread crumb.
- It’s 1/4 c of parmesan.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground pepper.
- It’s of Meatball sauce/gravy.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of finely minced brown onions.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of bolognese sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1-2 tsp of chicken seasoning powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce.
- It’s To taste of – ground pepper.
- It’s of A. Spaghetti Cup.
- You need 350 g of spaghetti.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- Prepare 1 cup of bolognese sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- It’s of Cooking spray (spray muffin tray).
While the meatballs bake, bring a large pot. In a small mixing bowl mix ½ teaspoon baking soda with a tablespoon of water to form a slurry. In a large mixing bowl add the beef, slurry, garlic, parsley, and parmesan cheese and season with about a teaspoon of salt and freshly grated pepper. In a large pot over medium.
Homemade Meat Balls in Spaghetti cups step by step
- Start with the meat balls – brown store bought meatballs or if using homemade meatballs, here s the recipe for meatballs: In a large bowl, combine ground meat with the rest of the ingredients. Roll into balls. Note not to overwork the meat as it tends to get dry..
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Brown meatballs, then drain fat. Set aside..
- For the sauce – In the same skillet, add some olive oil. Sauté finely minced brown onion until translucent. Pour 1 1/2 cups of bolognese sauce, add garlic powder, season with sweet chilli sauce, chicken seasoning powder/bouillon and some pepper. Stir to mix. Taste and adjust accordingly. Add meat balls & stir to coat. let simmer for 5 – 6 minutes. Keep aside..
- Preheat oven to 170°C (Overly high temperature will brown/burn the spaghetti, making the edges hard & crispy)..
- Next, for the spaghetti cup – Cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain and rinse under tap water; put aside. In a large bowl, combine eggs, shredded mozzarella, grated Parmesan, bolognese sauce & tomato ketchup. Mix well to combine. Pour this egg mixture over cooked spaghetti. Spray muffin tray with cooking spray. Then Arrange spaghetti inside. Use a shot glass create a well..
- Bake for 10 minutes or until set. Once set, leave nest to cool slightly so it holds its shape nicely. Use spoon to transfer out the nest on serving platter. Spoon meat ball onto spaghetti nest. We sometimes place each nest in a small/mini ramekin for easy serving & warm it up in microwave for 30-45sec. Serve with extra grated cheese & bolognese sauce..
Grab a small handful of spaghetti and arrange into each muffin cup, pressing down to make a nest shape. Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese over the tops of meatballs. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the stock, tomatoes, thyme, salt and pepper, stir to combine and bring to the boil. The meatballs were larger but it came out just as great but took less prep time!