Farmhouse Recipe: Chinese-style Onion Kakiage Fritters. Your favourite restaurants and takeaways available on Deliveroo. Check Out Farmhouse Recipe on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today!
The katakuriko potato starch flour will get rather thick as you mix it, but if you leave it for a while it will get watery again. Give the batter a good mix just before deep frying. See recipes for Vegetable Fritters – Kakiage too. You can cook Farmhouse Recipe: Chinese-style Onion Kakiage Fritters using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Farmhouse Recipe: Chinese-style Onion Kakiage Fritters
- It’s 300 grams of Onion.
- It’s 200 grams of Pork roast or loin (for tonkatsu).
- It’s of 【A】.
- You need 6 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Mirin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
Grate and drain zucchini and summer squash. Chop and steam cauliflower and broccoli florets. Place the shredded zucchini in a colander and sprinkle it lightly with salt. Transfer the zucchini to a large bowl then add the carrots, garlic, flour, eggs, scallions, ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper.
Farmhouse Recipe: Chinese-style Onion Kakiage Fritters step by step
- Cut the onions into wedges, and separate the layers..
- Cut the pork into 5 mm width strips..
- Mix the onion, pork and [A] ingredients, and mix well with your hands for at least 3 minutes..
- It will be watery for the first minute or so..
- As you continue mixing and kneading, it will become thick as shown here. When it reaches that stage, it's time to deep fry..
- Slide in bite sized portions of the batter-onion-pork mixture into oil heated to medium temperature, using a wooden spatula or a large spoon..
- Deep fry for 7-8 minutes over medium heat. When the surface is golden brown and crispy, the fritters are done..
- If the oil is too hot the fritters will burn so be careful. If they are golden brown they're fine..
- Eat the kakiage fritters as-is while hot..
Stir the mixture until it is combined. Other Malaysian favorite fritters are Cucur Bawang (onion fritters), Cucur Ikan Bilis (anchovies fritters), Cucur Jagung Manis (sweet corn fritters) and Cucur Badak (hippo fritters… well, direct translation that is but it is called so because of its roundness!). So today, let me share with you a home made family favorite Malay dish: Cucur Udang… The official Hairy Bikers website. Recipes, show news and all official updates from Dave and Si. Hundreds of classic English, Scottish and Welsh recipes, all tested and photographed with step-by-step instructions, with full details of all ingredients.