Fruit cake recipe. Low Prices on Fruit Cake Recipe. Try a traditional, classic fruitcake, a chocolate twist or a show-stopping dessert. Try this lighter version of a classic Christmas fruitcake, bursting with.
An quick and easy fruit cake for tea time. A recipe that has been handed down through my family – a very nice cake to have when you want to sit down on the couch with a cup of tea. Add egg and milk to make a soft dropping consistency. You can have Fruit cake recipe using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fruit cake recipe
- Prepare 350 g of flour.
- You need 7 gms of Baking powder.
- Prepare 2 gms of Cinnamon.
- You need 1 tbs of Mixed spices.
- It’s 180 gms of Margarine.
- It’s 140 gms of Sugar.
- You need 5 mls of Vanilla.
- It’s 3 pcs of Eggs.
- You need of Fruits ( raising, sultana,red cherries.
- It’s 150 ml of Milk.
- Prepare of Orange juice.
Stir together the oil and sugar, add the eggs, flour, baking powder, spices and juices, and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon until pourable and reasonably runny. Gently fold in the fruit, then divide the batter evenly between the tins. Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy using an electric hand-held whisk. Put the tin into the oven and bake for one and a half to two hours.
Fruit cake recipe instructions
- Soak your fruits in orange juice for 1 hour.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder,spices).
- In a separate bowl mix the margarine and the sugar together till soft…..
- Add the eggs one at a time,add vanilla essence.
- Remove the soaked fruits and dust them using some flour to avoid sinking.
- Add in flour in the mixture(margarine+sugar+eggs) alternating with the milk and the orange juice..
- Add in the dusted fruits to make you butter….
- Add the batter in a greased baking tin 8 "bake in a preheated oven 180°c.
Test the cake for doneness as shown below. If the skewer comes out wet and sticky, return the cake to the oven to cook further. Put all the ingredients except the fruit into a large bowl (or your mixer/food processor). (Butter, eggs, milk, jam, sugar, flour, spice) Beat together well, but don't overdo it Scrape the mixture down and mix again Drain the dried fruits and place them in a bowl along with the ground almonds, glacé cherries, and candied peel. Stir well, then add to the cake mixture, stirring gently until all the fruits are incorporated into the mixture. Stir gently so as not to "flatten" the cake mixture.