Lentil Soup In Instant Pot!. Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic. To an Instant Pot, add onion, carrot, celery, garlic, lentils, and tomatoes.
Using the Instant Pot saute setting, cook the onion until it is very soft. Add the carrots, celery, with the herbs and spices. Add the lentils and garlic, stirring to coat. You can cook Lentil Soup In Instant Pot! using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lentil Soup In Instant Pot!
- You need Half of bag of lentils (I used brown. Only kind I had.).
- It’s of About 3 cups water.
- It’s of About 4 cups chicken broth.
- Prepare of I large can of Whole San Marzano tomatoes-garlic&red pepper kind.
- It’s 3 stalks of celery, chopped.
- It’s of About teaspoon crushed or chopped garlic.
- You need 1 of medium onion, your choice, chopped or diced.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s of About teaspoon dried parsley or use fresh.
- It’s of About 3 dashes of Paprika.
- Prepare 3 Dashes of onion powder.
- It’s 3 dashes of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Himalayan Pink salt or add to taste later as you like.
- It’s 1 of light dash of Cardamom for luck.
Instant Pot Lentil Soup Enter: my all-time favorite homemade lentil soup, which, thanks to the Instant Pot, also happens to be the easiest. It's simply a matter of chopping a few vegetables, opening a few cans, dumping everything into the pot, stirring it together, and tightening the lid. This classic French recipe is prepared quickly and easily by using the Instant Pot. It also calls for vegetable broth, so it's vegetarian and vegan.
Lentil Soup In Instant Pot! instructions
- Do not drain tomatoes. Crush with hands. Or use diced if you like. I prefer the San Marzano with garlic & red pepper. I didnt soak the lentils but you can if you like. Wash and look through them. Take out any odd bits or shriveled lentils if you find them. Wash and rinse about 3 or 4 times. Add lentils to Instant Pot. Add ALL other ingredients. Give it a stir. Put on lid. Lock the lid. Make sure valve is centered. Set for MANUAL- 10 MINUTES Press start..
- Use natural steam release or manual release after timer beeps. BE SAFE HERE. Let soup rest at least 5 minutes. SAFETY FIRST- after steam releases completely, use oven mitt and carefully open lid. Stir and carefully remove bay leaves if you like. Ladel soup into bowl. Enjoy with whatever you like- crackers, bread, flat breads, a salad etc. The aroma is amazing. Flavor is great. Hope you enjoy this soup. Its too easy..
Be sure to serve this lentil soup with warm, crusty French bread. How to Make Instant Pot Lentil Soup. Saute onions, carrots, and peppers with the oil in the Instant pot for a few minute or until they start to soften. Add the lentils, seasonings, fresh thyme, broth, and salt and stir to combine. Add oil and warm for a few minutes.