Cilantro Chili Lime Smoked Chicken Thighs. Get just the right utensils for the job. Free UK delivery on eligible orders Everything You Love On eBay. Check Out Great Products On eBay.
Chicken thighs marinated with cilantro, lime juice, liquid smoke, red chili, cumin, taco seasoning and garlic. These simple ingredients turn dull chicken thighs into a mouth-watering dish. Pan-sear, grill or bake the chicken with this super easy recipe! You can have Cilantro Chili Lime Smoked Chicken Thighs using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cilantro Chili Lime Smoked Chicken Thighs
- Prepare 4 of bone-in chicken thighs with skin (this recipe doubles easily).
- You need 1 cup of lime juice (bottled is good, fresh is better).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of avocado oil.
- It’s 2 tbs of minced garlic (I used from a jar).
- Prepare 1/2 of medium onion (cut into large chunks).
- It’s 1 of medium yellow bell pepper (seeded and cut into large chunks).
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño pepper, seeded and quartered.
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh cilantro.
- Prepare of Lawry's Casero Chili Lime Seasoning (or other chili lime seas.).
In a mixing bowl (or a zip-top bag), combine the olive oil, lime juice and lime zest, minced garlic, chopped cilantro, honey, chili powder, pepper flakes, cumin, salt, and pepper; mix well. In a large bowl, whisk the lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, olive oil, garlic, and spices. Add the chicken and combine until the chicken is coated in the marinade. Heat a grill or heavy-duty pan to medium-high heat and lightly oil it.
Cilantro Chili Lime Smoked Chicken Thighs instructions
- In a gallon ziploc bag, combine lime juice, avocado oil, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, garlic, 4 sprigs of cilantro, coarsely chopped or torn, and 2-3 tbs of chili lime seasoning. Mix well..
- Add chicken thighs and mix around in marinade to coat thoroughly. Close the bag most of the way and carefully squeeze the bag to remove most of the air. Close bag and refrigerate overnight if possible or at least 2 hours. Mix thighs around in marinade a few times during the process..
- Preheat pellet grill to 170-180° and set smoke to desired smoke setting. I set mine at 8 on 1-10 scale..
- Remove thighs from marinade and place on multiple layers of paper towels. Use more paper towels to pat the top and remove as much marinade as possible. The drier the skin, the better is will crisp in the final cook..
- Brush skin side with light coat of avocado oil for seasoning to adhere. Apply a generous dusting of chili lime seasoning. It does have a kick, so use you best judgement, depending on your taste preference..
- Once grill is ready, place thighs on upper grate, skin side up and at least 2" apart. Smoke until internal temp hits about 145°. Remove from grill..
- Increase grill temp setting to 400°. Once temp reaches at least 380°, place thighs back on grill and cook until internal temp hits 165-180° (depending on your preferred level of doneness)..
- Cook skin side down in the last few minutes for crisper skin. Be careful not to overcook the skin..
- Always be careful when cooking chicken thighs – they have a lot of grease and tend to have flare-ups at high heat. Do not leave grill unattended in final cooking step, and be prepared to pull chicken off quickly in the event of a flare-up..
- Serve hot with your favorite Mexican sides, and enjoy!.
A quick marinade of lime juice and zest, chopped garlic, bright cilantro, and a touch of honey transforms boneless, skinless chicken thighs into the juicy, tender surge of sunshine that your dinner routine needs. Tangy, sweet, herby and just a teeny bit spicy, the key to this delicious chicken is its magical cilantro-lime marinade. This bold, saucy cilantro lime chicken takes on a delicious Mediterranean twist. Chicken thighs rubbed in warm spices and cooked to tender perfection in a garlic, lime and cilantro sauce. Word to the wise, make every use of the tasty sauce!