🎄🎂❄☃️Christmas Cake (Fruit Cake)☃️❄🎂🎄. It's of Soft dark or light brown sugar. Here's what you need for the Soaked Dried Fruit. The fruit is soaked in either apple juice OR a combination of apple juice.
I tried a slightly different recipe this y. MERRY CHRISTMAS!! we hope you enjoy the simple and easy recipe for a Sri Lankan classic fruitcake. This cake is so rich with a variety of fruits, it is so sw. You can cook 🎄🎂❄☃️Christmas Cake (Fruit Cake)☃️❄🎂🎄 using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 🎄🎂❄☃️Christmas Cake (Fruit Cake)☃️❄🎂🎄
- You need 228 g of (1& 3/4 cups) plain flour (loosely packed).
- You need 1 tsp of mixed spice 1 tsp Cinnamon powder 1 tsp Baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt 3 Eggs (medium) 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional).
- Prepare 100 g (1/2 cup) of Soft dark or light brown sugar.
- You need 3 of tblsp mollasses.
- You need 226 g (1 cup) of or 2 sticks) unsalted butter.
- It’s 600-700 g of Dried mixed fruit.
- It’s of Dried fruits I used in this recipe.
- It’s 175-200 g of raisins 175-200g cranberries.
- Prepare 175-200 g of prunes or dry plumes.
- Prepare 75-100 g of dates 50-75g pecans.
- You need of Zest of 1 Lemon Zest of 1orange 180ml (3/4cup) water.
- Prepare of All Spices” I have used is powdered.
- It’s of nutmeg cardamom, cloves dry ginger.
From quick and easy puddings to festive showstoppers we've got all the Christmas dessert recipes you need for a sweet treat. Caramelised apple parfait with cinnamon toffee sauce. Our fruit cakes are the ideal choice for those who prefer a classic taste. Perfect for with afternoon tea or for a special occasion.
🎄🎂❄☃️Christmas Cake (Fruit Cake)☃️❄🎂🎄 instructions
- #Getting_everything_ready: Lightly grease a 7 inch or 8 inch cake tin with some butter/oil and neatly line with greaseproof paper (double thickness).The pan I used in this recipe is 8" inch pan. Chop the nuts and dried fruits into a large clean bowl..
- You can use a prepared dried fruit mixture available in most supermarkets, or blend your own to create an individual cake, balance the mixture to your preferences (I love more raisins, cranberries,prunes and less chopped dates in mine). Grate the rind of lemon and orange and keep it aside..
- Sift the flour,baking powder, mix spices, zest of orange and lemon and salt into another bowl. Pre-heat oven to 320 F 160°C. How to make moist fruit cake We can make moist fruit cake in 3 simple steps..
- #Step 1. Boil the dry fruits In a medium saucepan, combine the butter with the raisins, cranberries, brown sugar,molasses and water and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderately high heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and let stand for 45 minutes or until it is cool..
- #Step 2. Add all the rest of ingredients Add the eggs (lightly beaten) and vanilla extract (optional) and the nuts. Add in the flour mix which is Flour+Baking powder+Salt+Ground spices+Zest of orange and lemon..
- I didn’t add the spices and the zest of lemon and orange into the boil mix because we need to preserve the fresh smell of those spices and that of lemon and orange. The taste of a fruit cake is mostly the aroma of that cake 🙂 Mix everything together, just until everything is well incorporated..
- #Step 3. Bake the fruit cake Transfer the batter into the prepared pan.7 inch pan / 8 inch pan will work. Bake in the center of the oven 320F for about 75-90 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Large baking tray (8 inch) will take slightly less baking time..
- Let the cake cool completely. Unmold the cake and transfer to a serving platter. This fruit cake is best to serve the next day.The flavor and texture of cake improves a lot with that time.The cake may seem buttery and crumbly and less flavorful if we cut it immediately it is cooled..
- #Tips: if you don’t have molasses you can use dark brown sugar. you can use dry fruits of your choice and can choose candied peels or glazed cherries or nuts according to your preference. Recipe by #Bincy_Chris.
Choose from our range of fruit cake portions, fruit cakes in decorative tins and even our unique loaf made with Yorkshire Tea. Home; Cakes; Fruit Cakes ; Filter Results. See more ideas about xmas cake, christmas cake, christmas cake decorations. Explore • Food And Drink • Dessert • Cake.. These are the most loved easy cake recipes.