Sausage gravy. Uk's Leading Importer And Distributor Of German Meat, Vegan & Vegetarian BBQ Sausages. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove sausage, drain and set aside.
Put the onions into a roasting tray and drizzle with the vinegar and seasoning. It's best served over fresh, hot biscuits. It makes a real "sticks to the ribs" dish that we always enjoy and carries a traditional flavor that can showcase locally produced sausage. You can have Sausage gravy using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sausage gravy
- It’s 2 tablespoon of butter.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of cooked meat ground beef sausage chopped fine.
- It’s 3 cups of half and half.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pepper.
Roux for gravy: You need butter and flour to make the roux. This is the base and what thickens the gravy. Place butter in skillet and stir until melted. Sprinkle in flour, garlic, and pepper on top of the sausage and slowly stir until well coated.
Sausage gravy step by step
- Over medium heat melt the butter don’t burn it add flour mix quickly and cook for a minute then add the milk and till it start boiling keep mixing.
- Add the cooked sausage to the mixture and cook for 10 minutes enjoy 😉.
Add thyme, then gradually add stock. Add Worcestershire sauce, season and serve with sausages. Originally, sausage gravy in the poor, rural, mountainous South was made only with the 'drippings'—the grease—leftover when the sausage had been cooked. It was mixed with flour, cooked off, and had milk whisked in. This was the traditional white gravy served over biscuits.