🎄🎂❄☃️Christmas Cake (Fruit Cake)☃️❄🎂🎄. Great recipe for 🎄🎂 ☃️Christmas Cake (Fruit Cake)☃️ 🎂🎄. Super moist fruit cake recipe will help you make soft and moist fruit cake in an easy method. This is one of the simplest and easiest version of making a traditional fruit cake.
Here's what you need for the Soaked Dried Fruit. The fruit is soaked in either apple juice OR a combination of apple juice. Christmas cake is a "must have" to help celebrate Christmas. You can cook 🎄🎂❄☃️Christmas Cake (Fruit Cake)☃️❄🎂🎄 using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 🎄🎂❄☃️Christmas Cake (Fruit Cake)☃️❄🎂🎄
- Prepare of (1& 3/4 cups) plain flour (loosely packed).
- Prepare of mixed spice 1 tsp Cinnamon powder 1 tsp Baking powder.
- It’s of salt 3 Eggs (medium) 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional).
- You need of Soft dark or light brown sugar.
- You need of tblsp mollasses.
- It’s of or 2 sticks) unsalted butter.
- Prepare of Dried mixed fruit.
- You need of Dried fruits I used in this recipe.
- You need of raisins 175-200g cranberries.
- You need of prunes or dry plumes.
- You need of dates 50-75g pecans.
- You need of Zest of 1 Lemon Zest of 1orange 180ml (3/4cup) water.
- Prepare of All Spices” I have used is powdered.
- It’s of nutmeg cardamom, cloves dry ginger.
It is fruity and luscious with an intoxicating aroma. I tried a slightly different recipe this y. MERRY CHRISTMAS!! we hope you enjoy the simple and easy recipe for a Sri Lankan classic fruitcake. This cake is so rich with a variety of fruits, it is so sw.
🎄🎂❄☃️Christmas Cake (Fruit Cake)☃️❄🎂🎄 step by step
- #Getting_everything_ready: Lightly grease a 7 inch or 8 inch cake tin with some butter/oil and neatly line with greaseproof paper (double thickness).The pan I used in this recipe is 8" inch pan. Chop the nuts and dried fruits into a large clean bowl..
- You can use a prepared dried fruit mixture available in most supermarkets, or blend your own to create an individual cake, balance the mixture to your preferences (I love more raisins, cranberries,prunes and less chopped dates in mine). Grate the rind of lemon and orange and keep it aside..
- Sift the flour,baking powder, mix spices, zest of orange and lemon and salt into another bowl. Pre-heat oven to 320 F 160°C. How to make moist fruit cake We can make moist fruit cake in 3 simple steps..
- #Step 1. Boil the dry fruits In a medium saucepan, combine the butter with the raisins, cranberries, brown sugar,molasses and water and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderately high heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and let stand for 45 minutes or until it is cool..
- #Step 2. Add all the rest of ingredients Add the eggs (lightly beaten) and vanilla extract (optional) and the nuts. Add in the flour mix which is Flour+Baking powder+Salt+Ground spices+Zest of orange and lemon..
- I didn’t add the spices and the zest of lemon and orange into the boil mix because we need to preserve the fresh smell of those spices and that of lemon and orange. The taste of a fruit cake is mostly the aroma of that cake 🙂 Mix everything together, just until everything is well incorporated..
- #Step 3. Bake the fruit cake Transfer the batter into the prepared pan.7 inch pan / 8 inch pan will work. Bake in the center of the oven 320F for about 75-90 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Large baking tray (8 inch) will take slightly less baking time..
- Let the cake cool completely. Unmold the cake and transfer to a serving platter. This fruit cake is best to serve the next day.The flavor and texture of cake improves a lot with that time.The cake may seem buttery and crumbly and less flavorful if we cut it immediately it is cooled..
- #Tips: if you don’t have molasses you can use dark brown sugar. you can use dry fruits of your choice and can choose candied peels or glazed cherries or nuts according to your preference. Recipe by #Bincy_Chris.
From quick and easy puddings to festive showstoppers we've got all the Christmas dessert recipes you need for a sweet treat. Caramelised apple parfait with cinnamon toffee sauce. Our fruit cakes are the ideal choice for those who prefer a classic taste. Perfect for with afternoon tea or for a special occasion. Choose from our range of fruit cake portions, fruit cakes in decorative tins and even our unique loaf made with Yorkshire Tea.