Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Check Out Top Brands on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Slow-cooker beef pot roast; Save recipe.
Remove from slow cooker and let rest, then slice and serve with vegetables. Put potatoes, carrots and onion on bottom of crockpot. Place the roast on top, fat side up. You can have Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast
- Prepare 2-3 lbs of Boneless Blade Roast or Chuck Roast (Trimmed).
- You need 2 of Medium Onions Quartered or Coarsely Chopped.
- Prepare 6 Cloves of Garlic Minced.
- Prepare 5 Sprigs of Thyme.
- It’s 2 lb of Yukon Gold Potatoes Peeled & Diced 1-2" Cubes @6-8 Potatoes.
- It’s 4 of Large Carrots or One Bag Baby Carrots Cut into 1" Pieces.
- You need 32 oz of Carton Beef Broth (use less if you like less gravy).
- You need 2 Tbs of Dijon Mustard.
- It’s 1 Tbs of Brown Sugar or Coconut Sugar.
- It’s 2 Tbs of Organic All Purpose Flour.
- You need 4-6 of Beef Bouillon Cubes or 4-6 tsp Bouillon Powder.
- You need 1 Cup of Red Wine.
- You need 1 of Bay Leaf.
- It’s 2 Tbs of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s of Garlic Powder.
Pour in water or beef broth. Sprinkle chives, parsley, pepper and Onion Soup mix over the meat. Season roast with salt and pepper. Place beef in pot with fat side up.
Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast instructions
- Season all sides of Beef Roast with Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder. Season to your taste..
- Heat Olive Oil in skillet over Medium to Medium High heat. Brown all sides of roast. Place Roast in a large Crock-Pot..
- On top of Roast, layer in Onions, Garlic, Potatoes, Thyme, Carrots, Bouillon Cubes, and Bay Leaf. Pour in Red Wine. Add some Salt and Pepper. Remember, the Bouillon adds a lot of Sodium, so you won't need as much Salt..
- In a separate cup or bowl, pour in around a cup of the Beef Broth. Add in Flour, Dijon, and Brown Sugar. Whisk until mixed. Pour into Crock-Pot along with the rest of the Broth..
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the vegetables are soft and the gravy has thickened. The longer it cooks, the better. Taste for seasoning, and add more if needed. Remove Bay Leaf and Thyme Stems, before serving..
Carefully lift meat out of pot and remove to a warm platter. Pass the cooking liquid through a sieve into medium-sized saucepan; discard solids in. Pour onion and mushroom mixture over the top of the roast. Place the roast on top of the vegetables and sprinkle it with the steak seasoning. When you roast beef in a Crock-Pot, you don't need to add liquid unless you're also cooking vegetables — the meat's own juices stop it from drying out.