Rice Pilaf original recipe by Julia Child. Great recipe for Rice Pilaf original recipe by Julia Child. I originally wanted to use chicken broth but grabbed my homemade pork broth out of the freezer. I have got to remember to label it next time.
Pilaf can be held in a hot water bath for a long time. Cook the onions and butter slowly in a flameproof casserole over medium heat until soft but not browned. Blend the rice into the butter and onions and stir over moderate heat for several minutes, not letting the rice brown. You can have Rice Pilaf original recipe by Julia Child using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rice Pilaf original recipe by Julia Child
- It’s 1-1/2 cup of rice.
- Prepare 4 tablespoon of butter.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chopped onion finely.
- You need 4 cup of pork broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white wine.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of thyme.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt* see note below.
- You need 1/2 leaf of Bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of chopped parsley.
The grains will get translucent first, then turn a milky white color. Always check the publication for a full list of ingredients. An Eat Your Books index lists the main ingredients and does not include 'store-cupboard ingredients' (salt, pepper, oil, flour, etc.) – unless called for in significant quantity. Rice Soubise ~ Julia Child's Recipe.
Rice Pilaf original recipe by Julia Child step by step
- Sauté the onions in the butter till translucent..
- Add the rice sauté for 3-5 minutes. Add the spices.
- Add all the liquids with the salt..
- Bring to a boil and simmer till craters appears give a quick stir cover and remove from heat undisturbed for 20 minutes..
- Fluff with a fork and serve I hope you enjoy!!.
- See note: I used homemade broth with no salt. So if you use store bought broth taste it to see how salty it is before adding salt to taste on the rice..
A blog about fresh, healthy food, made from scratch with a little home keeping, light homesteading, tips and gardening tossed in. Side Dish Recipes Rice Recipes Cooking Recipes Recipes Dinner Cooking Blogs Cooking Pork Cooking Classes Julia Childs Rice Dishes. Directions for rice pilaf: Melt butter over low heat in a saucepan. Add rice and orzo blend and brown well, stirring frequently. Rice Pilaf with Spring Onion Confit Recipe.